Howdy

Texan

I can't believe that the name "Texan" wasn't already taken.  Thought sure I'd be stuck with "Texan487593" or something like that.

And I am a Southern Baptist, born in Texas and I live here now.  Just moved to a new neighborhood and saw a big building near my house, which I believe is called a "stake center."  I've been investigating, uninvestigating, and reinvestigating the Church for many years now.  Not sure where this will lead, if anywhere, but I've enjoyed reading the comments in these forums and just wanted to say thank you.  

19 minutes ago, pam said:

This seems to be the week for people joining from Texas.  Howdy and welcome.  Where abouts in Texas?

West Houston, not terribly far from the Houston Temple, which I actually toured during their open house in 2000.

Did I read that you are moving to San Antonio?  Another great city.  I drove through it recently for the first time in many years and that city is booming.  I hope you will be happy there.

35 minutes ago, Texan said:

West Houston, not terribly far from the Houston Temple, which I actually toured during their open house in 2000.

Did I read that you are moving to San Antonio?  Another great city.  I drove through it recently for the first time in many years and that city is booming.  I hope you will be happy there.

I have several friends that live in Houston plus the San Diego Padres rotate a few games and play there about every 3 years so have to go see a game.  :)   

2 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Welcome, @Texan.  Hope we don’t scare you off!

Thank you, I've actually been reading the forums for some time without a login and nothing has alarmed me so far... some of the people here are really witty, which I enjoy a lot.  And today I learned what an "apex predator" is.  Who knew?

7 hours ago, Texan said:

Howdy!

Hey- that's my line!!!  :P Us Wyoming folk shave that in common with Texans.   Though I could NEVER move to Texas-- way way too hot and humid!   

I'm an LDS Christian lady married to a Baptist/Evangelical dude.  My Baptist mother-in-law actually lives in the Fort Worth area. 

Welcome to the forum.

15 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

I'm an LDS Christian lady married to a Baptist/Evangelical dude.  My Baptist mother-in-law actually lives in the Fort Worth area. 

Does she go to Prestenwood? It is like a mega church with over 60000 members. I had a girlfriend who moved to Dallas Fort Worth to go work there

19 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Hey- that's my line!!!  :P Us Wyoming folk shave that in common with Texans.   Though I could NEVER move to Texas-- way way too hot and humid!   

Welcome to the forum.

I didn't know that, I thought Howdy was a Texas-only thing.  It's nice to learn about the splendor of other civilizations beyond the Texas state line (of which there are so few, sadly).

Well then your mother-in-law must be a fine person, I was born not far from Fort Worth.  

4 hours ago, JGarcia said:

Does she go to Prestenwood? It is like a mega church with over 60000 members. I had a girlfriend who moved to Dallas Fort Worth to go work there

There are so many megachurches here... I visited one here in Houston that seemed more like a Broadway show.  I half-expected the Rockettes to come dancing out at half-time.  But Psalm 150, ya'll.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I was born in Texas and just recently moved from Texas to Wyoming due to college (not that that matters though 😅) I’m from the Fort Worth area. I use to be a nondenominational Christian before I was converted to the LDS church. Hopefully this forum will serve as a good way for you to learn about the church. I’m new to this forum too so I guess we’re both getting familiar with it 😊

Edited by Mandy01

On 7/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, Jane_Doe said:

Welcome to the forum.

Whoa, it’s a fellow Wyoming....ite? I’m so familiar with saying Texan, I have to get used to this 😅 I just moved from Texas to Wyoming, and I can tell you, when someone from Wyoming says it’s hot, I really have to hold back from telling them how they really have no idea! But then again in Texas it hardly ever snows.... or at least for where I was at...