"It's time Christians started including Latter-day Saints"

MrShorty

On 7/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, MrShorty said:

https://broadview.org/its-time-christians-start-including-latter-day-saints/?fbclid=IwAR2A9PteT9jN5epVRhGee0NfRE_sFJVcszRXw2uNMFDjmpFrFfnHCixlH-A

The author claims to be a former president of the Canadian Council of Churches, and simply argues that "[The Mormons] should be welcomed to walk alongside the rest of us." The comments section certainly shows that not all agree with Rev. Christie. I guess it just shows that, while there are the counter-cult minsitries and individuals like Dr. Jeffress out there, there are also many who are more welcoming. The belief that Mormons aren't Christian is not universal.

Now that I have had more time to research LDS teachings I can state emphatically that NO OTHER CHRISTIAN CHURCH SEEMS TO BE AS WELL PREPARED TO FORM THE LEADERSHIP OF "EPHRAYIM" IN a sincere attempt to do something necessary and productive with Ezekiel chapter thirty seven:

Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:

And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

I believe that God caused all prophecies to be written in such a way that a loophole was given in the symbolism used. For example... in Revelation it talks about a third of the trees being burned up.... and all the grass..... but Isaiah says that all flesh is as grass...... .the Psalms says that a man can be like a tree........ and the Holy Spirit can be like fire....... So....... could a massive outpouring of the Holy Spirit from April 30, 2020 for the next ten years............. radically alter the way that the prophecies are fulfilled in our near future???????

Could the prophet Elijah have altered history if he had NOT........

... RAN AWAY from Queen Jezebel and her armies?
In 1979 I was at the Worldwide Church of God Festival of Tabernacles / Sukkot in Charlottetown, P. E. I., (at least that is what it was called back in those days)..... .and a Pastor gave a sermon on I Kings chapter 18........ and added some bonus material.

His theory was that Elijah...... had a window of opportunity to set in motion a series of events that would have led to the restoration of the Northern Kingdom of Israel........ but....... in order to do it he had to NOT RUN AWAY TO MT. HOREB???????

This message that I just posted to several Latter day Saint discussion groups is going to get you some attention.  If you do your research you will be prepared to to catch the metaphorical football   and  run with the ball all the way to get a touchdown with this basic idea!

I admit it!!!!
Your White Horse President Prophecy that goes all the way back to 1843 really, really, really, really has me thinking and researching!
If a semi-reality science fiction film series entitled along the lines of "The White Horse President," set supposedly in an artistic 2012 to 2020 was proposed in 2020, then how many actors on this earth would be capable of taking on that role very seriously?
One..... Mr. Mitt Romney!
Back in 2012 I read a prediction that Mr. Mitt Romney had some sort of "Mantle of Darius", (whatever that is), and it is interesting that gifted Christians are saying that President Donald J. Trump has some sort of "Mantle of Cyrus." I would really like to see Latter day Saints and Evangelical Christians come together to defeat Atheism and the extreme political left because it seems to me that you can accomplish this....... .IF.... both groups will strive to see each other as being in some way or another better than themselves.

• 8 months later...

God will bring souls to Him at the Change... and is not going to exclude any soul who HE likes.

It so happens that the evangelicals are in the dog house. They do not listen.

Or care to!

He will bring His 144k sons to paradise soon...and many in modern christianity, such as evangelicals, especially pastors, will cry

to learn that they were left behind until the witnesses return.... because they did NOT listen to Him.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:15 AM, e v e said:

The prophets go on and on about the pastors...and His wrath against them.

It's not pretty but it's true.

True.................  I believe that too many pastors are too worried about money.... or they would

treat Latter day SAints much better.  The LDS teachings on the state of the dead are so encouraging and

positive that pastors fear that their members may leave and become LDS so treating LDS missionaries with respect......

could lose their church money.

I would so love to be wrong about this..... but......

I know this is one part of what has been happening......

These next three months though have a massive opportunity for a surge in LDS and Evangelical Christian cooperation.....

On 1/28/2021 at 11:31 AM, DennisTate said:

True.................  I believe that too many pastors are too worried about money.... or they would

treat Latter day SAints much better.  The LDS teachings on the state of the dead are so encouraging and

positive that pastors fear that their members may leave and become LDS so treating LDS missionaries with respect......

could lose their church money.

I would so love to be wrong about this..... but......

I know this is one part of what has been happening......

These next three months though have a massive opportunity for a surge in LDS and Evangelical Christian cooperation.....

Those of Him in sheol can meet Him just as we on this prison earth can meet Him. 

On 1/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, e v e said:

Those of Him in sheol can meet Him just as we on this prison earth can meet Him. 

Exactly!!!!

A near death experiencer who was a Latter day Saint even before their brush with death was shown that very clearly.  

I find this to be extremely encouraging and uplifting information.  

https://www.near-death.com/science/experts/widdison-and-lundahl.html

Dr. Harold Widdison and Dr. Craig Lundahl's Near-Death Experience Research

harold_widdison.jpgDr. Harold A. Widdison earned a Bachelors degree in Sociology and a MBA from Brigham Young University. He received his Ph.D. in Medical Sociology in 1979 and taught at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona for thirty-one years before retiring in 2003. Dr. Widdison became interested in the subject of death, grief, and bereavement two months before his marriage when his father suddenly died in a car a accident. He later created and taught one of the first courses on these subjects in a university setting. He also had several family members share their experiences with him one uncle had an NDE (near-death experience) on the operating table and an adopted daughter had a visit from her dead grandfather. Together with Dr. Craig Lundahl, Dr. Widdison documented their research in their classic NDE book entitled, The Eternal Journey. Dr. Craig Lundahl is chairman emeritus of the Department of Social Sciences and emeritus professor at Western New Mexico University. He is one of the pioneer NDE researchers and the author of A Collection of Near-Death Research Readings. Meticulously researched and exhaustively compiled, The Eternal Journey divulges mesmerizing eyewitness descriptions of the hereafter's City of Light, incredible portraits of existence in the ensuing dimension, and enlightening information on angels in this world and the next. Dr. Widdison's latest book, Trailing Clouds of Glory, is the result of seven years of interviewing, researching and collecting of first person accounts. The following is an excerpt of their book The Eternal Journey which deals with the various dimensions of the afterlife.

The Native American chief White Thunder, during his visit to the world of spirits, was shown by his spirit guides "various areas of the spirit world - some containing happy spirits and others peopled by unhappy evildoers."

Herr Pettersson was also permitted to visit the spirit world and discovered, much to his surprise, that even the worst in heaven exceeded the best on Earth.

To Herr Pettersson the world of spirits resembled the material world. There were many countries, or "Kingdoms." There were cities and villages, temples and palaces, flowers and animals of great beauty and variety. The people were very busy. Some were preaching on street corners and in assembly halls, and all had great congregations.

"Who are they?" Herr Pettersson asked (referring to the preachers)?

"They," his guide answered, "belong to the church of the First born, and they have been sent here to be ministering spirits to those who shall yet becoming heirs of salvation."

"I am afraid," stammered Herr Pettersson, "that I do not comprehend you. Are we not in heaven? How can the world of salvation be preached here?"

"No brother!" the guide replied, "We are not in what mortals call heaven! This is Hades."