A Minority "Voice"?

Guest Mores

Guest Mores

by now we've all heard the quote by the ineffable (I use that word with consideration ;) ) Ayanna Pressley.

“We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice.  We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice.”

Press Conference Jul 15, 2019

What exactly is a "brown voice"?  I've heard of the mythical "brown note."   But I don't think that's what she's talking about.  And I don't know what a "black voice" is or a "Muslim voice" or a "queer voice."

I thought the whole idea behind racial equality was to say that we're all the same.  Race is only skin deep.  I had no idea it went down to our vocal chords.  I mean, Tim Foust proves that you don't have to be black to hit the zero octave range.  And Michael Jackson proved you don't need to be Asian to be a sopranist.  So, what exactly is a "minority voice"?

It is apparently not enough that we hear people of different backgrounds, races, and ethnicities.  She's only interested in hearing progressive people saying progressive principles.  And if you're a minority with conservative views, you're worthless.

Now, flip that on its head.  Isn't that what conservatives have been saying for years now?  We don't care what color your skin is or your national origin.  We only care about your ideology and culture.  You can change your ideology and culture and go ahead and join us.  If you're a progressive, we oppose you. Not because you're a minority, but because you're a progressive.

So, I thank Rep Pressley for agreeing with and reinforcing the conservative position on the culture wars.  It really has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.  Thank you, Congresswoman.  Thank you.

Edited by Mores

Guest Mores
25 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

The "Squad" says racists things and it's ok.  The President fires back at their racist comments and he gets a Congressional Vote to condemn his comments as racist.

Honk honk.  Clown World.

Well, of course:

I don't think our colleague is anti-Semitic. I think she has a different experience in the use of words, doesn't understand that some of them are fraught with meaning, that she didn't realize.

--Nancy Pelosi regarding Omar's Anti-Israel statements

Well, yes, of course.  We should let her say all the wrong things and get all the wrong words of legislation in debates.  She obviously doesn't know English well enough to properly communicate her positions.  Heck, for all we know, she's actually a far-right conservative who only believes in a religiously oppressive theocracy.

Every member of this institution, Democratic and Republican, should join us to condemn the president’s racist tweets

--Nancy Pelosi regarding Trump's tweets.

When did he mention race?

Edited by Mores

22 minutes ago, Mores said:

Well, of course:

This is what I've been saying, seemingly for years now... Trump rarely makes gaffes.  He is an instinctively (or might be honed since childhood) strategic thinker.  With a few strategic tweets (not even press conferences or speeches), he managed to:

1.) Capitalize on the Pelosi/Squad squabble that would have been buried by the media putting it front and center in the Democrat Primaries.

2.)  Prevent Pelosi, and by extension the Democrat Presidential Candidates, from distancing the party from the extremism of the Squad - as Pelosi was trying to do which led to the squabble.

3.)  Unite the Republicans on a push back against the extremism (pre-Trump Republicans wouldn't have touched this with a 10-foot pole), showing their voters they are finally fighting against Democrat lunacy.  

4.)  Expose the Republicans who don't push back against the Dems but are eager to push back against the Repubs.

5.)  Got a bonus parliamentary chaotic floor show showing the Dems ineptness causing the presiding officer to abandon his chair and the House Speaker ruled out of order on a very simple, procedural partisan vote... this is not even for policy!

6.)  Put the Propagandist News Media in a tizzy such that they have to cover this 24/7.  Even Tim Pool - who rarely misses the big picture - fell into it... (Note:  MSM has managed to bury the Epstein news... but they can't bury this one).

That's how you win elections, folks.  You don't need to abandon ideology, pander to minorities, promise the poor will get the rich's money, etc. etc...

Edited by anatess2

Guest Mores

You may shoot me with your words, You may cut me with your eyes, You may kill me with your hatefulness, But still, like air, I’ll rise.

--Omar quoting poet Maya Angelou

Well, hot air rises, so what do you expect?

On 7/17/2019 at 11:04 AM, Mores said:

I've heard of the mythical "brown note."   But I don't think that's what she's talking about. 

Considering what I keep hearing when she speaks, it's a possibility. 

I mean, Tim Foust proves that you don't have to be black to hit the zero octave range.

Foust is hardly the first white basso profundo.  Thurl Ravenscroft, JD Sumner and Richard Sterban come to mind just off the top of my head. 

Edited by NightSG