Released - Not ready

KScience

Hi chaps, just need a safe place to vent tonight.

I am moving out of the ward at the end of August.  I informed the Bishopric a couple of weeks ago so that they had plenty of warning. So last night I get a text from the 1st counselor asking if I can meet early on Sunday "for a chat". Today at a ward activity the 2nd counselor grabs me "for a chat" and I am being released tomorrow. 

I am NOT ready,  we have Beehive camp, the girls have fun activities planned over the summer I was looking forward to and as a teacher I will finally have time not to be running around like a headless chicken.....  *pouting like a small child*

So tonight I am making notes for the next YW pres, so that there can be a smooth handover....... and plan to approach the primary president offering my services for the next month

Trying to find the positive....BUT.... Really still just pouting.....

In situations like these, take the spitefully faithful approach.

Say “those girls are doomed, they can’t run the YW program without me. I AM the YW program!” then Wash your hands of the calling, pop open a cold can of Diet Coke, turn on the most recent episode of ‘Brooklyn 99’, and await your next calling (all the while fulfilling your other duties as a member of course).

Edited by Fether

19 hours ago, Maureen said:

I am asking as a non-member, even though you are being released, can you not still attend the Beehive camp activity?

M.

I will only attend if the new president can't make it, and I have permission.  Hanging over someone else is not a good way to show that you have faith in their abilities. The Lord chooses those who are needed at a particular time for a particular reason.

17 hours ago, Fether said:

In situations like these, take the spitefully faithful approach.

Say “those girls are doomed, they can’t run the YW program without me. I AM the YW program!” then Wash your hands of the calling, pop open a cold can of Diet Coke, turn on the most recent episode of ‘Brooklyn 99’, and await your next calling (all the while fulfilling your other duties as a member of course).

:bouncing:  The new president will be WAYYY better than I am.  The girls run the program and are amazing.  

Back to Grief Society for me....... It was hard enough being in adult Sunday School after being released from primary.  My place is NOT with the adults in the ward!!!

So I plan on moving to my new ward, figuring out who the primary president is and being UBER friendly/helpful until someone gets the hint!!!  

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite in the same boat, but we're going down the same river. I'm technically homeless this month. I had to be out of my old place by the Aug 7th and can't move in to the next one until Sept 1st. The Primary Presidency has been working with the bishop since April to get me a co-teacher since March. (A new stake in our area led to some boundary changes, which led to some calling shuffling, and if there's a crack at church, I fall through it.)

I've been teaching these same kids for a year, and moved with them from Sunbeams to CTR4. Normally my ward doesn't do that, but they had no regular teacher before me. I guess the person called wasn't there every week, and these kids had no consistency in teachers. I can't knowingly put them through that again, and I also know how hard it is on the Presidency to find subs every week, so I told leadership I'd stay until they have someone else called. I also know it takes time, and my transitional home is just as far to the old ward as the new ward. I've been taking the "spitefully faithful" approach and leaving that up to the Presidency, hoping that keeps them nudging the bishopric along.