Dating after the Divorce Ward for 45+, in UT?

I heard there are such things called magnet ward, but looks like there is none in  Utah where I live. 

I've been tagging along with my sister's family since my divorce, but I'm sensing it won't do for the long run. 

My daughter is off to college, YSA.

I'm so bummed... what should I do?

Are there any one in the same boat?

12 hours ago, B.cole2 said:

I've been tagging along with my sister's family since my divorce, but I'm sensing it won't do for the long run. 

Why is that?  Seems to me that tagging along would give you a natural home in your sister's ward and connect you very neatly to all your sister's friends.

We are not in the same boat, because I am not a member of the Church.  (I'm a passive investigator and friendly observer.)  But I guess we are in the same sea because I never married.  I've been involved in singles groups in my own denomination for decades, and the most successful marriage-hunters I know are people who radiate constructive energy, are optimistic and forward-looking, and work hard to expand their circle of friends and acquaintances, which after all is the fertile soil from which the seeds of a new spouse may grow.  They're also realistic about minimum standards in a spouse.  And if I may be blunt, the least successful people tend to cope with loneliness by withdrawing further, refuse to build non-dating relationships with many people, and dwell unnecessarily on their past troubles and what might have been.

I don't know the details of your own story and am no expert in relationship building.  Just sharing my own perspective, and of course there are plenty of exceptions.  But in general this is my experience.

14 hours ago, B.cole2 said:

I heard there are such things called magnet ward, but looks like there is none in  Utah where I live. 

My daughter is off to college, YSA.

I'm so bummed... what should I do?

Are there any one in the same boat?

There are only a very very few Midsingles Magnet wards in the entire US.  There's not one in Florida where I live nor in Utah where you live.  So, if I was in your position, I'd just go ahead and attend the Family Ward where I belong so I can hold regular callings.