Democratic debate

Texan

I am watching this debate in utter astonishment.  Who designed this preposterous format?  I can sum the first hour up as follows:

Warren: "Well, I think we should..."
CNN: "I'm sorry but your time is up.  Senator Sanders?"
Sanders: "Well, I think we should..."
CNN: "Thank you, but your time is up.  Mayor Buttigieg?"
Buttigieg: "My idea is that we should..."
CNN: "I'm sorry, but your time is up.  Ms. Williamson?"
Williamson: "Gliddy gloop gloopy, nibby nobby nooby, la la la lo lo.  Dooby ooby walla..."
CNN: "I'm sorry, but your time is up."

8 hours ago, Texan said:

I am watching this debate in utter astonishment.  Who designed this preposterous format?  I can sum the first hour up as follows:

Warren: "Well, I think we should..."
CNN: "I'm sorry but your time is up.  Senator Sanders?"
Sanders: "Well, I think we should..."
CNN: "Thank you, but your time is up.  Mayor Buttigieg?"
Buttigieg: "My idea is that we should..."
CNN: "I'm sorry, but your time is up.  Ms. Williamson?"
Williamson: "Gliddy gloop gloopy, nibby nobby nooby, la la la lo lo.  Dooby ooby walla..."
CNN: "I'm sorry, but your time is up."

Seems reasonable to me. How much idiocy do you really need in a single dose?

Another good time to use the Thunderdome format, though.  Maybe modified to put them all in at once, though, and weld the door shut. 

Guest Mores
30 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

The memes are once again glorious.

And that is why I'd vote for her.

All the other candidates are pushing for a slow death of America to make way for TNWO.  But Williamson wants to get rid of everything really quickly and have total chaos while everyone is chanting kum-bye-yah.  It's a libertarian dream.  I'm envisioning the end of the Wicker Man.  

Yup.  That's the life.

... Truly... The thing is that we're living a slow death.  I want it to be over so we can start again.

Edited by Mores

People may not remember this, but when Obama was running for President in 2008 some people on the far left began to describe him in terms right out of the Book of Revelation.  "Who is this man?  What species is he? Why has a personage of such power and light come to dwell among us?"  That sort of talk reminds me a lot of Marianne Williamson in 2019, although I like Marianne, and I think the world would be nicer (and maybe wackier) if more people were like her.

One newspaper columnist in California wrote the following about Obama in 2008, which as I recall was widely discussed and laughed over in conservative news channels. 

Barack Obama isn't really one of us. Not in the normal way, anyway...  To them I say, all right, you want to know what it is? The appeal, the pull, the ethereal and magical thing that seems to enthrall millions of people from all over the world, that keeps opening up and firing into new channels of the culture normally completely unaffected by politics?

Even Bill Clinton, with all his effortless, winking charm, didn't have what Obama has, which is a sort of powerful luminosity, a unique high-vibration integrity.

Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.

The unusual thing is, true Lightworkers almost never appear on such a brutal, spiritually demeaning stage as national politics. This is why Obama is so rare. And this why he is so often compared to Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr., to those leaders in our culture whose stirring vibrations still resonate throughout our short history.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.  And yeah, I'd say Obama helped us evolve, but it was a sudden mutation called Trump.

5 minutes ago, Mores said:

And that is why I'd vote for her.

All the other candidates are pushing for a slow death of America to make way for TNWO.  But Williamson wants to get rid of everything really quickly and have total chaos while everyone is chanting kum-bye-yah.  It's a libertarian dream.  I'm envisioning the end of the Wicker Man.  

Yup.  That's the life.

... Truly... The thing is that we're living a slow death.  I want it to be over so we can start again.

You got Huckabee on your side...

khQtsXB.jpg

Guest Mores
4 minutes ago, Texan said:

People may not remember this, but when Obama was running for President in 2008 some people on the far left began to describe him in terms right out of the Book of Revelation.  "Who is this man?  What species is he? Why has a personage of such power and light come to dwell among us?"  That sort of talk reminds me a lot of Marianne Williamson in 2019, although I like Marianne, and I think the world would be nicer (and maybe wackier) if more people were like her.

One newspaper columnist in California wrote the following about Obama in 2008, which as I recall was widely discussed and laughed over in conservative news channels. 

Barack Obama isn't really one of us. Not in the normal way, anyway...  To them I say, all right, you want to know what it is? The appeal, the pull, the ethereal and magical thing that seems to enthrall millions of people from all over the world, that keeps opening up and firing into new channels of the culture normally completely unaffected by politics?

Even Bill Clinton, with all his effortless, winking charm, didn't have what Obama has, which is a sort of powerful luminosity, a unique high-vibration integrity.

Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.

The unusual thing is, true Lightworkers almost never appear on such a brutal, spiritually demeaning stage as national politics. This is why Obama is so rare. And this why he is so often compared to Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr., to those leaders in our culture whose stirring vibrations still resonate throughout our short history.

I never understood the left's hypnotic obsession with Obama.  I believe it is just now beginning to wear off.  And, NO, he was not a great orator.  How does one make the Gettysburg Address sound nauseating?  But he did it.

4 minutes ago, Texan said:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.  And yeah, I'd say Obama helped us evolve, but it was a sudden mutation called Trump.

You know the difference?  People believed in Obama because he media told them to.  People hated Trump and still do.  But many came around and said,"Well, at least he's getting things done that I agree with."

I don't think anyone is being hypnotized into believing he's a great speaker.  Although, they are now being told that he's strategically a political genius.  I'm not seeing it.

4 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You got Huckabee on your side...

Well, what further proof do you need?  We are seeing the fulfillment of ancient prophecies.  The Harmonic Convergence of 1987 was supposed to usher in a five-year period of Earth's "cleansing," where many of the planet's "false structures of separation" would collapse, according to Wikipedia.  (I just love that sentence, it's better than Shakespeare.)

10 minutes ago, Mores said:

Although, they are now being told that he's strategically a political genius.  I'm not seeing it.

A strategically political genius... no.  But that's why people voted for him.  He may have won a campaign for President against a formidable Clinton but people still don't see him as a "politician".  He's still seen as a political outsider.

A strategically branding genius... yes.

A negotiating genius... yes.

18 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

A strategically political genius... no.  But that's why people voted for him.  He may have won a campaign for President against a formidable Clinton but people still don't see him as a "politician".  He's still seen as a political outsider.

The best term I heard to describe Trump was "feral."  And that may not be a bad thing... one Christian author said Christians should "love wastefully" and show "feral love," which I think are splendid phrases.

Deliberately or not, Trump has done a major facelift on the Democratic party in just a few weeks using only ten fingers.  (Or maybe even one thumb, judging by his tweet typos.)  Their new face -- rotting inner cities, Al Sharpton, and the Squad -- may be grinning at the electorate right up until Election Day.  Combine that with the Democrats' three latest fetishes (making private health insurance illegal, decriminalizing unauthorized entry into the United States, and giving unauthorized immigrants gobs and gobs of free benefits) plus their crackpot belief that the current economy in awful, and you may have the fixin's for a Mondale-style wipeout in 2020.  Remember, Mondale was ahead of Reagan in many summer 1983 polls.

Edited by Texan

Guest Mores
14 minutes ago, Texan said:

Deliberately or not, Trump has done a major facelift on the Democratic party in just a few weeks using only ten fingers.  (Or maybe even one thumb, judging by his tweet typos.) 

Well, he's been shoving a particular finger at the Democrats quite frequently, I'll give you that.

Guest Mores
37 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I'd agree with all three of those.  But I focus on the branding.  The thing is that branding is a type of marketing strategy.  It doesn't take genius.  But it does take consistency.  And I'll grant that he's been remarkably consistent in the things he's making top priorities.  And I think that is what has gotten the attention of many voters like me.  He's actually doing what he said he'd do.

And even though I didn't expect it, his top priorities have been things I agree with.  So, I went from a never Trumper, to I guess we're stuck with him now, to well he seems to be doing some good things, to I don't care how much I dislike him as a person -- he's getting the job done, to DANG!!  Look at that!

Edited by Mores

55 minutes ago, Mores said:

I'd agree with all three of those.  But I focus on the branding.  The thing is that branding is a type of marketing strategy.  It doesn't take genius.  But it does take consistency.  And I'll grant that he's been remarkably consistent in the things he's making top priorities.  And I think that is what has gotten the attention of many voters like me.  He's actually doing what he said he'd do.

And even though I didn't expect it, his top priorities have been things I agree with.  So, I went from a never Trumper, to I guess we're stuck with him now, to well he seems to be doing some good things, to I don't care how much I dislike him as a person -- he's getting the job done, to DANG!!  Look at that!

I'd go so far as saying genius marketing.  A lot of people "hate/dislike/etc." Trump because of the way he is portrayed by the media.  His speaking style which you'll hear more in a construction project than the halls of DC is like fingernails on a blackboard at first because it's just not the kind of thing we're used to hearing.  But, this is easily overcome after getting to know the way Trump speaks over time.  But the constant media barrage on everything he says everywhere politics is spoken of worldwide could sink a battleship.   But somehow... Trump knew this the day he announced his candidacy because the very first thing he did was to make the brand Fake News stick such that those who goes out to monster paint the Trump brand loses credibility.

Ok, if you have 40 minutes (or you can swap a TV show for this one)... this one is a good interview:

Guest Mores
7 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I'd go so far as saying genius marketing.  A lot of people "hate/dislike/etc." Trump because of the way he is portrayed by the media.  His speaking style which you'll hear more in a construction project than the halls of DC is like fingernails on a blackboard at first because it's just not the kind of thing we're used to hearing.  But, this is easily overcome after getting to know the way Trump speaks over time.  But the constant media barrage on everything he says everywhere politics is spoken of worldwide could sink a battleship.   But somehow... Trump knew this the day he announced his candidacy because the very first thing he did was to make the brand Fake News stick such that those who goes out to monster paint the Trump brand loses credibility.

Ok, if you have 40 minutes (or you can swap a TV show for this one)... this one is a good interview:

I don't have access here.  But I'll try later.  I usually watch at 2x speed.  So, I'll only need 20 minutes.