A New Tienanmen Square? But on a country level.

Emmanuel Goldstein

6 hours ago, Vort said:

I didn't watch Marianne Williamson. Maybe she is the moonstruck Kumbaya Child she's portrayed as. But when she says:

920x920.jpg&key=1e593bf18e90621a85d52d73

why is this objectionable? Don't we pretty much agree with it?

I'm disgusted by Democrat types mocking those who hold religion as sacred and who speak in what they consider sacred terms. I see no reason to mock someone else who sincerely speaks in such language, even if I don't use that kind of wording myself. If she's a hypocrite, we can point out her hypocrisies, but to mock her just because she said "God" using metaphors we wouldn't use seems churlish, if not downright hypocritical on our part.

I see your point, but I object to vague, wispy, feel-good language that is peddled as moral teaching and yet fails the basic requirement of any moral teaching: to prescribe certain behaviors and proscribe others.  "Please allow the flow" may sound like a nifty prescription for enlightened living with an elevated consciousness, but in practice most people I know would simply use the "flow" to justify whatever beliefs they already hold.  I prefer the "go and do likewise" model.

And yet I still find Ms. Williamson an interesting lady, I probably would be enriched to have her as a friend, and I wish her well.  I just don't think she can give us a meaningful algorithm for putting things out there for the universe.