Study Shows That Latter-day Saints Know Very Little About Other Religions

Hmm, a few of the questions in the test are slanted (in otherwords, they give an answer that a Western outsider may think is correct, but the answer is actually incorrect as per the reckoning of those of the religion itself) interestingly enough. 

Still, even with that it was easy enough to figure what the viewpoint of someone outside of each religion would think and answer what they thought rather than what is correct...hence I only missed one of the questions.

Part of the difficulty is that this quiz asked a LOT Of questions about religions that are a minority religion in the US and the West.  If you ask about other Christian religions I feel it would have given different results.  Including religions that are not often even taught about would mean that it would tough for a great majority of people in the West to answer.

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 9:19 PM, Serviteur du seigneur said:

I know a lot about other religions, because i searched through all of them before being sure that this is the right place.

Way to go Serviteur du seigneur........
I also know quite a bit about other religions due to all the church hopping that I have done since I parted ways from the Worldwide Church of God back in 1991.

When I personally met with twelve or fourteen LDS Elders or Sisters I wanted to apply the principle of attempting to find some common ground so I asked each pair of Elders and Sisters what they personally thought about the near death experience account of little three year and ten month old Colton Burpo that was made famous in the book and movie, "Heaven is for Real"?  I was truly impressed that all of the Elders and Sisters had a great deal of respect for the near death experience account of little Colton Burpo and for his dad, Pastor Todd Burpo, who I believe showed a great deal of intellectual and theological courage in how he handled what his young son was revealing to him and his wife.

I believe that Latter day Saints have one of the highest levels of respect for near death experience accounts in general, of any large Christian church, so, in my opinion you LDS have an especially wide open door to use these accounts to reach out to the lost.  This is one of the major characteristics that I personally am looking for in a church.  

In my opinion, any Christian church that expresses a high level of skepticism about the NDE account of little Colton Burpo, probably does not take 2 Corinthians chapter twelve,  verses two to four seriously, so..... I would tend to not want to attend any church that doesn't believe in those statements by Paul.   You Latter day Saints have really impressed me by how you approach near death experience accounts. Chapter forty one of your book "Gospel Principles", in my opinion, was brilliant... and accurate!