Was Nero the Anti-Christ?

Right now in Come Follow Me, we are reading Romans, a Pauline epistle (formal letter) to the Christians in Rome. Paul had received revelations while he was in Greece, Asia, and Corinth that he would preach in Rome but would first need to go to Jerusalem. Paul could sense that the end of his mission was near. He appealed to Caesar after facing certain death in Jerusalem. He was imprisoned in Caesarea in Israel and then put under house arrest in Rome. Christian persecution in Rome During his travels, Paul had met Aquila and Priscilla who were dedicated to the faith but who had been expelled from Rome. They weren't expelled because they were Christians, but because they were Jews. Although Jews had been expelled twice before for proselyting to the pagan Romans, this time it was because they were causing unrest, probably rebelling against the growing sect that followed Jesus. They were expelled by Claudius Caesar, one of Rome's wisest leaders to that point. After Claudius, however, Nero became emperor. Nero...

View the full article

Anti-Christ-

“A word used by John to describe one who would assume the guise of Christ but in reality would be opposed to Christ...In a broader sense it is anyone or anything that counterfeits the true gospel or plan of salvation and that openly or secretly is set up in opposition to Christ. The great antichrist is Lucifer, but he has many assistants both as spirit beings and as mortals.

- Bible Dictionary

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but other than Satan, there is no one “Anti-Christ” we are waiting to appear, but many.

The bar code 666 thing has been debunked.  That is not how the bars work.

But it would seem that Nero was indeed "an" anti-Christ.  And John's use of his name would indicate that a leader in the last days would mimic or parallel many of the things he did at the time of the demise of the early Christians.

Still, there are a lot more signs of the anti-Christ than "some similarities" to Nero.  We haven't seen many of the big ones in these days (yet).

The Managing Editor of thirdhour.org wrote this article.   She also wrote this paragraph.

Because of dishonesty and identity theft, we now have no safe way to make monetary transactions. Facial recognition and implanted microchips are quickly-advancing technologies meant to solve the problem. It’s easy to see how these technologies could be easily accepted if security eludes us and how someday we could become completely dependent on these technologies for commerce.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, Fether said:

Anti-Christ-

“A word used by John to describe one who would assume the guise of Christ but in reality would be opposed to Christ...In a broader sense it is anyone or anything that counterfeits the true gospel or plan of salvation and that openly or secretly is set up in opposition to Christ. The great antichrist is Lucifer, but he has many assistants both as spirit beings and as mortals.

- Bible Dictionary

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but other than Satan, there is no one “Anti-Christ” we are waiting to appear, but many.

I could be wrong; however, I believe it is both. There are many and there is on that is too come who will perform miracles and lead many away from Christ's gospel. I could be combining events.

Nero wouldn't be him (he could have been an anti-Christ though) as Nero isn't in the last days.