Prayer Dillema

Fether

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

let me give you an example.  Let's say you have a son in junior high school and a star on the junior high football team.  You know his speed is good for that level but you know that their speed and size will limit their possibilities.  You know they like the sport but often skip practice because they do not like practice that much.  But this son tell you that someday they will be a professional and win the super bowl.  The truth is that unless they put a lot more into practice and dedicate themselves much more - they do not have a professional chance.  So what do  you tell them as their dad - the full truth and crush not only their junior high dream but take all the fun they are currently having in the game.  Remember this is a junior high kid without a fully developed brain necessarily of high level executive logic.  Or do you just encourage them to set goals and offer to help get them to all the practices and games to root them on - when you are quite sure they really do not have a clue what they are wishing for.

The scriptures say there is a time and season for everything.  So I wonder how you would like to be treated.  Would you like to be told you are not bishop material because you lack real compassion? or would you like to be encouraged to overcome weaknesses and not worry if you are called to be a bishop or not.

The Traveler

I don't tell them anything.  They say they'll win the super bowl.  Ok.  Why do I need to respond?  Additionally, even if I were to respond, I can't see the future.  Maybe they will.

Joseph "Jokoy" is a Filipino comedian.  When he was in his teens he told his mother - Mom, my dream is to be a comedian.  His mother replied:  Oh no Joseph, you should be a doctor or a nurse.  Your aunt is a nurse, your cousins are nurses... besides, who told you you are funny?