“The War Is Real.” Elder Craig C. Christensen Speaks On Building And Defending our Faith At 2019 FairMormon Conference

"We truly are in a battle. The war is real." These were some of Elder Craig C. Christensen's opening lines as he addressed hundreds of Latter-day Saints at the most recent, annual FairMormon conference held in Provo, Utah. Indeed, one need only look online to discover the seemingly numberless company of voices which seek to tear down The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and its members. Considering Satan's incessant attacks against the Church, Elder Christensen offered both encouragement and further suggestions as to how we can stand firm in our faith and diminish his efforts. "Fiery Darts of the Adversary" The Church and its leaders are well aware of the battlefield which exists online, Christensen explained. This is why they work closely with nonauthoritative entities such as FairMormon, Book of Mormon Central, and the More Good Foundation, in an effort to combat the "fiery darts" coming towards us. Websites such as Fair exist not only as apologetics geared towards nonmembers but as a place where faithful members can go when they have sincere...

View the full article

I’ll probably read the article and the actual speech later, but I wanted to say that I find it really cool that general authorities are taking an interest in FairMormon. If I’m not mistaken, this is only the second time a general authority has spoken at this and it appears to becoming a annual thing.

2 hours ago, Fether said:

I’ll probably read the article and the actual speech later, but I wanted to say that I find it really cool that general authorities are taking an interest in FairMormon. If I’m not mistaken, this is only the second time a general authority has spoken at this and it appears to becoming a annual thing.

I was thinking the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is somewhat dead, but I finally got to listening to the talk and one of his opening lines he says "FAIRMormon continues to be FAIRMormon because you are NOT the church. You can say things that we can not."

What do you think he meant by this? Why are there things that FM can say that the church can't? Is it just that the church strives to only speak on what has been revealed and not on defending the more obscure topics that haven't been completely explained?

I would recommend to anyone who hasn't listened to this talk to go and do so. It gives a little insight on the church's position in organization likes this and how the church feels about how we approach controversial topics and things that they don't really talk about in GC or other church settings.

Edited by Fether