Why the focus on the man's skin color?

• pam featured this topic
On 8/13/2019 at 7:26 PM, Serviteur du seigneur said:

Because most of the callings in the church have being ocupied by white north american people. So, i think they do it to show that it's changing and we re having more diversity in those notable callings, the church is now getting more "universal"...

On 8/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, MormonGator said:

...We want to broadcast that we are an international church, anything like this helps. 

FYI: (to clarify in even easier baby steps for some) My post using nationality was, and still is, in direct response to other's (above) observations of projecting a international church. If we feel the need to demonstrate to the world that we are a international church, well... then show it like we did in Desert News, "without the need to identify skin color".

On 8/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, NeedleinA said:

Here is a better way, IMO, to illustrate the point(<-----we are international) without the need to identify skin color as a selling point:

This is outdated now, 10/18. I believe we are now over 50% mark in international (<-----says "international", not race) GAs based on 2019 callings.

GA-by-country.thumb.png.064c4a8decbbd69dd23b02b01016268a.png

Boggled in life? Perhaps try re-reading, pausing and digesting first.
Methinks some people actually enjoy the attention of being professionally boggled by others. Almost like they relish in pulling out their own hair and thrive on the drama?

Edited by NeedleinA

On 8/16/2019 at 2:48 PM, NeedleinA said:

above I stated...

potential = potential
I then gave 2 other potential clues beside nationality.

At no point did I state, "Mexico = people of color".
Those are your words, as well as your twisted interpretation of what I actually said.

Hey, Mister Reading Comprehension.  I didn't single you out.  Tons of people think Mexico = people of color.  Like... "The President is so raaayyciiisss he thinks Mexicans are rapists" or "The President did not give sufficient aid to Puerto Rico because he's raaaaayyycciiisss"... and of course, posting born in Mexico and the name Garcia as "clues" to "people of color".

• pam unfeatured this topic