Translation keys

Edspringer

13 hours ago, Edspringer said:

What do you guys know about the keys of translation, I mean, to translate beings? I recall of having seen it somewhere, but I don't know where. I'd like to get Amy thoughts on the matter.

The connection between the gift of translating and the keys God delegates to the office of “seer”, or of “prophet, seer and revelator” is shown in these verses.

2 Nephi 3:6-7, 11, 14

Mosiah 8:13, 15-17

Mosiah 28:16

D&C 21:1

D&C 124:94, 125

D&C 107:92

The keys direct the use of the translation gift. God had these keys to direct Joseph and the ancients to translate by the gift and power of God. Joseph and possibly Mosiah had these keys in directing the work of translation under their respective administrations.

2 hours ago, Mores said:

I did.  What does this have to do with translation?

OP is asking about the translation of beings, like Enoch & Moses.  Not the translation of foreign languages.  

President Kimball’s talk discusses the keys of the resurrection which is somewhat similar to translation.  

God holds these keys, not man.

See 3 Nephi 28:6-12

1 hour ago, mikbone said:

OP is asking about the translation of beings, like Enoch & Moses.  Not the translation of foreign languages.  

President Kimball’s talk discusses the keys of the resurrection which is somewhat similar to translation.  

God holds these keys, not man.

See 3 Nephi 28:6-12

Yes, I was more interested in translating scripture LOL

4 hours ago, mikbone said:

Yes, I read the OP.

4 hours ago, mikbone said:

It would have helped if you added such a statement in your post, or an intro to that effect with the link.