Topics for Ministering Letters?

Manners Matter

I send letters to inactive sisters and have run out of topic ideas for a spiritual message. I have no idea why they don't come, what their situations are, how long they've been members or how long they've been inactive. So what topics/themes would you suggest or have received and appreciated? Thanks!

53 minutes ago, Manners Matter said:

I send letters to inactive sisters and have run out of topic ideas for a spiritual message. I have no idea why they don't come, what their situations are, how long they've been members or how long they've been inactive. So what topics/themes would you suggest or have received and appreciated? Thanks!

1. Not a letter but rather: a personal invitation to: Ward Activity, Book Club, Sister get together outside of church, etc.
2. Not a letter, but rather did: Did you know the Church has wonderful videos you can watch online, Bible videos, Mormon Messages, quick pick me up videos. Provide some links.
3. Simply share a story about 'you' personally. Something special in your life. Send a picture of you. Maybe one of you and your family. Hi 'this is me'.

Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck and thanks for serving.

Something that might help with letters sent out or topics thereof is similar to what is done for subjects occasionally with Priesthood.

Go to the Conference Ensign talks and choose one.  Use that as the subject for one letter.  Next time use another talk.  Unless you write a LOT of letters, you'll probably have a new Conference Ensign come out before you get through all of the talks.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, NeedleinA said:

1. Not a letter but rather: a personal invitation to: Ward Activity, Book Club, Sister get together outside of church, etc.
2. Not a letter, but rather did: Did you know the Church has wonderful videos you can watch online, Bible videos, Mormon Messages, quick pick me up videos. Provide some links.
3. Simply share a story about 'you' personally. Something special in your life. Send a picture of you. Maybe one of you and your family. Hi 'this is me'.

Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck and thanks for serving.

These are good ideas. I'm gonna admit that my first thoughts are not about the Scriptures, but about how the Church as a whole is a positive influence in my life. To the OP, if you find some applicable Scripture for everything else you're saying, fine, but sometimes people, especially less actives, just want you to talk to them, as individuals,  and don't want Scripture thrown at them. Back when we had home & visiting teachers, I enjoyed talking to them about adult things and adult living, work, local happenings, maybe Conference, etc. I'm so glad we got away from telling the same lesson to each other all around the ward.  That said, some people just don't want to be bothered any more. I gather from Sunday School that can be difficult for some LDS to believe.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, Manners Matter said:

The Come Follow Me curriculum has made this easier.  I pick out one of the sacrament meeting talks that impressed me the most and write about my impressions of it.  The talks usually relate to the Come Follow Me topic for the week so I insert a photo copy of the CFM page discussing it.  So, I never run out of things to talk about.  I can't tell you if it is effective because I've never heard back (nor met) these sisters.  :(