Clarification on the WoW

mikbone

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/statement-word-of-wisdom-august-2019

Looks like the Cappuccino machine will languish on my Amazon wish list.

I don’t see any commentary on alcohol /gasp

The kids just chunked the Green Goodness almost full bottle into the trash.

And hey I’m a competent physician.  CBD oil anyone?

Edited by mikbone

10 hours ago, mikbone said:

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/statement-word-of-wisdom-august-2019

Looks like the Cappuccino machine will languish on my Amazon wish list.

I don’t see any commentary on alcohol /gasp

The kids just chunked the Green Goodness almost full bottle into the trash.

And hey I’m a competent physician.  CBD oil anyone?

I thought it was an interesting clarification. Many of these things I've been doing for years so I wasn't too suprised by most of it (avoiding green and iced tea, anything with coffee in it etc.) I was interested to see it clarified that Marijuana can be used if prescribed by a doctor. I think that has been policy for a while but this is the first time I've seen it spelled out in an official notice. 

2 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

I thought it was an interesting clarification. Many of these things I've been doing for years so I wasn't too suprised by most of it (avoiding green and iced tea, anything with coffee in it etc.) I was interested to see it clarified that Marijuana can be used if prescribed by a doctor. I think that has been policy for a while but this is the first time I've seen it spelled out in an official notice. 

I like how they used the term "competent physician". And it must be taken as prescribed. After more research it could very well be found to do more harm than good, and be advised against in the future.

8 minutes ago, scottyg said:

I like how they used the term "competent physician". And it must be taken as prescribed. After more research it could very well be found to do more harm than good, and be advised against in the future.

I agree, I feel like it's still pretty dangerous (potentially addicting) to use as a medicine, but I feel the same way about opioids, and there are occasions we use them. I liked the compotent physician phrase too lol.

5 hours ago, scottyg said:

I hate that Green Goodness has Green Tea in it...saw that 15 years ago. Been drinking Odwalla and Naked ever since. :)

My wife and I used to use a lot of pre-workout and/or weight-loss supplements. that we later discovered had green tea. One of them even had "coffee extract". That's something to watch out for in those things as it's quite common.