Armageddon

TheRedHen

I am a Jew who converted to the LDS Church about 9 years ago.  I'm very interested in what the future holds in terms of the last days.  Does anyone know if Julie Rowe's  prophecies are considered to be true by serious scholars on the subject?  She seems a little weird to me but I don't want to ignore her if what she says is true.

I know the church has issued statements before saying that she does not speak for the church, and her opinions are her own. I have not looked into her writings in depth, but since she has been excommunicated from the church I highly doubt they hold much weight. Perhaps they do, and she was possibly excommunicated for other reasons. Regardless, I steer clear of any kind of doctrinal or philosophical teachings outside of the scriptures and the latter-day prophets.

Guest MormonGator

I'm not sure her prophecies are in line with the teachings of the church. When looking at armageddon/end times things it's a good idea to stick to church sanctioned materials. Nothing against Julie Rowe, I've only heard her name in passing and she might be right on.

8 minutes ago, TheRedHen said:

I am a Jew who converted to the LDS Church about 9 years ago.  I'm very interested in what the future holds in terms of the last days.  Does anyone know if Julie Rowe's  prophecies are considered to be true by serious scholars on the subject?  She seems a little weird to me but I don't want to ignore her if what she says is true.

1) Julie appears to have been excommunicated. That shouldn't be dismissed, by which she calls her disciplinary council "unrighteous dominion" in a podcast. This says a lot pertaining to her heart and mind and the spirit she is actually following.

2) The Church appears to have physically said her books are not to be used in classroom settings

3) According to an article I am reading she is divulging experiences that have not been revealed about Adam and Eve and others that aren't in any revealed word. Which means, if these are true, she should have kept them sacred and to herself as the Lord will reveal to the Church collectively to his prophets and then to the body of the Church. This then tells me, in light of #1 and #2 that I don't put much stock in her words.

4) Prophecy regarding an earthquake in Utah, Wasatch, really isn't anything new. We are on a major fault. The Church is upgrading building to withstand earthquakes of larger magnitude. I would be more interested in that fact.

With that being shared, no, I don't put much stock in any of her words.

@TheRedHen  at this link you will find a document of all the problems with Julie Rowe.  Well, maybe not all of them but a great number of them  She is a false prophetess.

https://www.docdroid.net/nnbt/a-greater-tomorrow.docx

Edited by mirkwood

21 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

1) Julie appears to have been excommunicated. That shouldn't be dismissed, by which she calls her disciplinary council "unrighteous dominion" in a podcast. This says a lot pertaining to her heart and mind and the spirit she is actually following.

2) The Church appears to have physically said her books are not to be used in classroom settings

3) According to an article I am reading she is divulging experiences that have not been revealed about Adam and Eve and others that aren't in any revealed word. Which means, if these are true, she should have kept them sacred and to herself as the Lord will reveal to the Church collectively to his prophets and then to the body of the Church. This then tells me, in light of #1 and #2 that I don't put much stock in her words.

4) Prophecy regarding an earthquake in Utah, Wasatch, really isn't anything new. We are on a major fault. The Church is upgrading building to withstand earthquakes of larger magnitude. I would be more interested in that fact.

With that being shared, no, I don't put much stock in any of her words.

She was excommunicated.  I read the letter about her book labelling it as spurious. If I can find it I'll post it.   She claims special knowledge that has been revealed to her for the church...oh wait, I thought the prophet had that calling....  Her earthquake prophecy failed to happen at her predicated time.  It is now several years overdue.