Future Developments in New Emphasis in Church's Name

mtgpugs

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

If we are going to ban all forms of entertainment, I vote we start with the KISS Farewell Tour part 2.

I think the tour is already over, isn't it? 

2 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Sports still brings us together. 

I have two personal issues with sports.  First, I can't stand people yelling at the referees.  It really gets on my nerves.  They are just people too, and usually they do a great job.  I'd hate to have 20k people watching me do my job and yelling at me every time I don't do something perfectly.  This just means I don't attend many pro/college level events.  Second is the tribalism that can accompany sports fandom.  I cannot understand hating another person simply because they root for a rival team. It does not compute with me.  I'm not saying everyone, or even most sports fans fall into these.  But enough of them do that I've decided not to invest my time and interest in them.

8 hours ago, Vort said:

I have two personal issues with people who have personal issues with sports. First, they're repetitive. Second, they're redundant. Third, they say the same thing over and over.

Also, they're anal retentive about counting issues.

Great. Thanks a bunch, mods. Now my posting makes even less sense than it did before you nuked the dupes.

1 hour ago, Grunt said:

Anyone who thinks sports unites us hasn't gone to Fenway in a Yankees jersey OR stood up in a sports bar outside New England and acknowledged that Tom Brady is the GOAT.  

Nonsense.  Sports definitely unite us. 

But if my daughters marry yankees* fans, I will disown them.

* deliberately not capitalized.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:28 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

No beef with ongoing BYU engagement in other sports so long as . . . b) the program isn’t an embarrassment.  

Sometimes I hate when I’m right . . .

Exhibit A.  

What a miserable excuse for a “missionary”.

Edited by Just_A_Guy