No Guns in Sacrament Meeting—We Mean It This Time!!!

Just_A_Guy

7 hours ago, mirkwood said:

I promise not to carry my pistol to church this week.

pistol: no.

Revolver, rifle, carbine, shotgun, gatling, vulcan, cannon, genade launcher,  bazooka, mortar...

Edited by Mores

So, driving home from work I noticed the following billboard.

IMG_20190903_165322565_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.69061ef7d61ba2824f855f4d0f265b38.jpg

If you can't tell, the little flag on the upper left corner was placed about two weeks after that billboard started flashing this message.  The flag is:

gonz.jpg.687caa73d8fc8648ab480f671b879d69.jpg

On 9/21/2019 at 9:32 AM, Mores said:

So, driving home from work I noticed the following billboard.

IMG_20190903_165322565_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.69061ef7d61ba2824f855f4d0f265b38.jpg

If you can't tell, the little flag on the upper left corner was placed about two weeks after that billboard started flashing this message.  The flag is:

gonz.jpg.687caa73d8fc8648ab480f671b879d69.jpg

I am waiting for the day when someone suggests that - anyone that does not give up their firearms; should be shot.  

The Traveler

• pam unfeatured this topic
On 9/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, mirkwood said:

I didn't go to church this last Sunday...

Maybe that will be the big announcement in 2020 conference.  That they are doing away completely with local churches.  Every family will administer their own sacrament, have their own classes, and be able to keep their guns on them while worshiping.

52 minutes ago, dprh said:

Maybe that will be the big announcement in 2020 conference.  That they are doing away completely with local churches.  Every family will administer their own sacrament, have their own classes, and be able to keep their guns on them while worshiping.

I doubt it.

2 hours ago, dprh said:

Definitely not happening

On 10/10/2019 at 7:09 PM, anatess2 said:

I like the proposed policy that any entity that imposes gun-free zones be held liable for death/injury of a concealed-carry-permit holder.

Super thumbs up to you!  That is what I think too!  I find it tragically comical that the published Run-Hide-Fight guidelines specifically state, "Use any available materials or tools as a weapon."  Seems very counter-intuitive to implement a gun ban and then give that advice. 🤔

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, person0 said:

Super thumbs up to you!  That is what I think too!  I find it tragically comical that the published Run-Hide-Fight guidelines specifically state, "Use any available materials or tools as a weapon."  Seems very counter-intuitive to implement a gun ban and then give that advice. 🤔

My thoughts completely.

I heard that some people are just ignoring the rule and carrying firearms to church anyway.  Just what I heard, not saying anything about it. 

On 10/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, person0 said:

The statement also says: “Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and as havens from the cares and concerns of the world..." Bringing your gun to church is not leaving your concerns of the world behind. Can violence find us at church? Sure, but the last I checked the Lord is more concerned about how we live than how long we live.

14 hours ago, laronius said:

The statement also says: “Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and as havens from the cares and concerns of the world..." Bringing your gun to church is not leaving your concerns of the world behind. Can violence find us at church? Sure, but the last I checked the Lord is more concerned about how we live than how long we live.

You haven't been to Relief Society?