Facebook bans LDS church link

mirkwood

22 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

You can post the link on Facebook?

Yes I was able to post it, but now it got flagged as spam so it's under review.  Weird. 

I'll let you know what the review says.

Screenshot_20190828-063204_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Scott

This is a call to action for everyone with a facebook account.

1. Go to Facebook.
2. Try to post this link: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/religious-freedom/religious-freedom
3. If it gives you the screen Mirk shows us at the top of the page, click the "let us know" link, and (politely) explain why it should not be blocked.  

I posted something like this: "This link is for my church's webpage talking about religious freedom.  Surely such things can't be against your community guidelines - there must be something wrong with your filter.  Please review and fix this!"

On 8/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, scottyg said:

Sadly, I find it completely believable. However, since I am one of maybe 5 millennials who doesn't use facebook it really doesn't affect me. 😎

Count me as #2 of 5!  Although, I actually have an account, one just wont find any posts.  Regardless, this is a problematic sign for society at large.  Consider how many moderators have potentially been given the opportunity to review the banned link, and yet have intentionally passed upon the opportunity to reverse the block.

5 hours ago, Ironhold said:

If you have MS Paint, then you can load your image into that and simply mark over your details.

Once done, you can manually save the image under a new name. 

You can also copy and paste the image directly into a Third Hour Forum post, no saving required.