The future

Traveler

If you saw the "Climate Conference" the Democrat candidates did yesterday, it would be a miracle if they win the 2020 elections.

So, it's gonna be Trump again because he just nuked his primary contenders with one tweet.

trump-tweet-im-at-94-approval-republican

Which, for me, is a great thing for the entire world.

ECU5IHEXsAE8B1c?format=jpg

45 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

If you saw the "Climate Conference" the Democrat candidates did yesterday, it would be a miracle if they win the 2020 elections.

So, it's gonna be Trump again because he just nuked his primary contenders with one tweet.

Which, for me, is a great thing for the entire world.

ECU5IHEXsAE8B1c?format=jpg

This may be off, but the differences in the picture above is that in One of those places they live in a nation where free speech is a constitutional right under the government of the Nation that is over them.  They are allowed to voice what opinion they want, even if it is with a party that has traditionally been against the Constitution.

The other is in a place where they are trying to fight against a Bigger Mother nations that is greatly influencing their local government to extradite people out of their area for courts and other ideas, and are facing extreme police brutality.  Their Mother nation is known for censorship, gulags, and quashing rebellions and ideas of freedom.  30 years ago that nation rode over protestors in tanks.  They probably have not had a direct situation like that simply due to the Agreement made with Britain and the fact of the world having massive numbers of reporters there currently, or otherwise there'd probably have been a repeat of it today or recently if they could have.

1 hour ago, JohnsonJones said:

This may be off, but the differences in the picture above is that in One of those places they live in a nation where free speech is a constitutional right under the government of the Nation that is over them.  They are allowed to voice what opinion they want, even if it is with a party that has traditionally been against the Constitution.

The other is in a place where they are trying to fight against a Bigger Mother nations that is greatly influencing their local government to extradite people out of their area for courts and other ideas, and are facing extreme police brutality.  Their Mother nation is known for censorship, gulags, and quashing rebellions and ideas of freedom.  30 years ago that nation rode over protestors in tanks.  They probably have not had a direct situation like that simply due to the Agreement made with Britain and the fact of the world having massive numbers of reporters there currently, or otherwise there'd probably have been a repeat of it today or recently if they could have.

You're not off.  But the simplicity of the meme is lost on you.

Anti-FA, who have liberty, choose Communism.  In HongKong where the protesters are threatened with the possibility of falling under a Communist regime, they embrace the American Flag which, especially to them, is the symbol of Liberty.  The idea being - Trump, the President that Anti-FA is protesting, is the President of Liberty which is great for the rest of the world.  None of the 20-or-so Democrats running for President will be that President especially after the fascist plans they are proposing at that Climate Town Hall.

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I see our CiC is staying true to form in keeping it classy.

Unlike in 2016, I will almost certainly vote for Trump in 2020, and I won't hold my nose while doing it. But I will probably laugh at my own idiocy. My only defense is: What other rational course is there?

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Vort said:

Unlike in 2016, I will almost certainly vote for Trump in 2020, and I won't hold my nose while doing it. 

I think a lot of people who were "NeverTrump Republicans" in 2016 will do this. 

Edited by MormonGator

14 hours ago, Vort said:

I see our CiC is staying true to form in keeping it classy.

Unlike in 2016, I will almost certainly vote for Trump in 2020, and I won't hold my nose while doing it. But I will probably laugh at my own idiocy. My only defense is: What other rational course is there?

There's this guy on YouTube who runs a Channel called Charisma on Command who explains the Trump communication strategy which is straight out of the Charm Schoolbook.  There are several videos that cover it but this one is the most apt for the topic I think:

By the way, he doesn't speak like this in all situations.  I've seen a video of him talking to a Financial Guy and he sounded like a College Professor.  But when talking to the entire country, he chooses to speak in 4th grade level.

14 hours ago, Traveler said:

Will the reelection of Trump bring the nation closer to a possible civil war?

The Traveler

I do not think the left would ever actually bring a violent revolution with some of the values they currently espouse.

It might bring protests on a large scale if it went as far as it could, but I cannot see people actually starting a civil war if Trump won a re-election.  On the otherhand, as Congress seems to shift from one side to the other, it would seem more likely that Trump will face impeachment hearings and perhaps become the first US president Impeached if he is re-elected.

I think the bigger question is if someone from the Far Left wins the election, would it bring the nation closer to a possible civil war?

51 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

I do not think the left would ever actually bring a violent revolution with some of the values they currently espouse.

Then your memory is woefully short. Or have you already forgotten Zachary Greenberg, who assaulted a peaceful conservative demonstrator at Berkeley and was cheered on, both during and after the assault, by leftists around the nation?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/03/01/conservative-activist-attack-uc-berkeley-arrest/

On the otherhand, as Congress seems to shift from one side to the other, it would seem more likely that Trump will face impeachment hearings and perhaps become the first US president Impeached if he is re-elected.

The first besides Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, which would actually make him...the third. Assuming my math holds out. I'm sure that's what you meant.

I think the bigger question is if someone from the Far Left wins the election, would it bring the nation closer to a possible civil war?

The political left has already proven itself violent, yet you insist on fantasies of violence from the political right. That is most certainly the guiding narrative of the MSM, but I'm hoping most reasonable and unbiased people see through this transparent lie. We have violence, all right, both in word and in action, and almost all of it is coming from the Democrat side of the nation.

Edited by Vort

Guest MormonGator
16 hours ago, Traveler said:

Will the reelection of Trump bring the nation closer to a possible civil war

Here's the issue with declaring that there will be a civil war. Eventually, you'll probably be right.  Will there be a civil war in our lifetimes? No. Our grandchildren lifetime? Probably not. Thirty generations from now? Maybe. Probably. No society lasts forever. Maybe that's how ours will fall. 

It's a bit like pretending you are psychic by saying "I predict a category 5 hurricane will hit Florida in the next twenty years." Well, duh. It's bound to happen eventually. 

14 hours ago, Vort said:

Then your memory is woefully short. Or have you already forgotten Zachary Greenberg, who assaulted a peaceful conservative demonstrator at Berkeley and was cheered on, both during and after the assault, by leftists around the nation?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/03/01/conservative-activist-attack-uc-berkeley-arrest/

The first besides Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, which would actually make him...the third. Assuming my math holds out. I'm sure that's what you meant.

The political left has already proven itself violent, yet you insist on fantasies of violence from the political right. That is most certainly the guiding narrative of the MSM, but I'm hoping most reasonable and unbiased people see through this transparent lie. We have violence, all right, both in word and in action, and almost all of it is coming from the Democrat side of the nation.

With Impeachment I'm thinking the House and Senate will both go to the Democrats within the next 5 years.  If Trump is President at that time, if the Democrats control both houses, I'm thinking he will be impeached. By Impeachment I'm not talking about the weak minded way it's been referred to during the past 25 years to try to weaken a president's position to a lame-duck, where the House brings in the articles of Impeachment (thus theoretically impeaching) but then, in the Trial of the Senate having NO conviction thus invalidating the impeachment in regards to the allegations, but the full on impeachment, conviction, and removal from office type which has yet to occur in the US.

I expect that Trump, if he wins re-election will be the first that this could happen to.

There have been many who have already wanted to do so, many with no real strong position to do so other than their dislike.  Wiser minds thus far have realized that without control of BOTH the House and the Senate, there is no chance of him actually getting the full on impeachment. (and it will take a HUGE control, 2/3 in the Senate, but I think the Democrats think that may be obtainable within the next four years).

Neither Clinton nor Johnson were fully impeached.  If Both House and Senate fulfill their respective portions of the Impeachment proceedings.  The House brings up the Impeachment charges, but it is not enforced until the Trial which is held by the Senate...which can clear the President, or level punishments including removal from Office.

So, yes, Johnson and Clinton were Impeached, meaning the allegations were brought up and thus they were "impeached" but they were NEVER convicted. 

In similar looking at it, it is if you were arrested for a crime, brought to trial, but not convicted.  Thus you stand as innocent and not being found guilty.  No one has yet to be convicted in Impeachement.

I expect if the Democrats gain enough control, they will fully impeach Trump, meaning allegations brought up and then conviction done in the Senate.  I think they are already trying to lay the groundwork right now for this very instance in, I'd guess, about two to four years from now.  It's the long game.

In recent times, traditionally, Congress switches to the other party opposite of the President during the Presidents second term.  I am thinking that the Democrats are betting on this same situation repeating itself again if Trump wins a re-election.

Edited by JohnsonJones

I’ve  only made one prediction worth anything, back in 2017. It is still going strong. 

Donald Trump will win the presidency, despite the fact that almost every single American voter actively campaigns against him (on Facebook at least).
President Trump will do a bunch of stuff that you'll hate and I'll like. He'll do a bunch of stuff that you'll like and I'll hate. And then he'll do one or two things that the entire world hates. People will cross aisles and form new alliances in order to stop it, but some of it will happen anyway.
People will start drawing analogies with Nixon. Some folks will try to make the best of it, and you'll hear the old phrase resurrected "Yeah, he's a [beep], but he's our [beep]." In Washington, Pro Trump liberals will suddenly remember things like Nixon ending the war in VietNam. Anti Trump conservatives will openly rebel in every way feasible, from impeachment, to attempting a constitutional convention.
I predict the Trump presidency will end it's second term early, but whether by resignation, impeachment, or natural-death-conspiracy-fodder I can't tell. The event will mark a rare coming-together of Americans and the world in a unified shout of "Good riddance". Then our collective attention will swing to Lady Gaga's televised live birth - a genderfluid child born pregnant, having won it's first Oscar in-utero, and the world will not speak the name Trump for two decades. Our grandchildren will eventually figure out that he actually saved us all despite all our best efforts to stop him. If we hadn't banded together against him, we never would have been ready for the evil space emperor and his gelatinous armies.”

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I expect if the Democrats gain enough control, they will fully impeach Trump, meaning allegations brought up and then conviction done in the Senate.  I think they are already trying to lay the groundwork right now for this very instance in, I'd guess, about two to four years from now.  It's the long game.

If this happens (which it will not, see below), the only thing that can stop a Civil War is Mike Pence.

Now, why this is highly unlikely - the Democrats may be suffering from TDS but they are not stupid.  Bringing impeachment against Trump especially with the flimsy excuse they have been using so far and the successes of the Trump Administration especially positively impacting minorities coupled that with Trump's ability to counter the narrative straight out of bed at 5am, will sink their party out of power for the next 100 years.  In addition, if Ginsburg is not gonna make it through 4 years, Mike Pence as President will be a much bigger problem for the large Pro-Abortion Coalition of the Dems than Trump.  Pelosi knows this that's why she's been trying to tamp down that particular noise from her party for the last 2 years - just giving enough indication she'll support it to keep the rabid people in her party at bay then walking it all back when the democrats get too loud.  And Trump knows this that's why he's been egging on those rabid Democrats to keep them front center so Pelosi will have to defend them stopping Pelosi from being able to separate the Dems from their rabid wing.

So no, if they can't impeach Trump before 2020, they won't.  And that's because impeachment isn't really to get rid of Trump through impeachment but to dangle that carrot to their base and get rid of Trump using that negative narrative in the 2020 elections (they haven't yet learned you can't "negative narrative" Trump out of elections).

Edited by anatess2

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

the Democrats may be suffering from TDS but they are not stupid.

Possibly true, but if so, "stupid" has no relevant meaning.

57 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

Civil war with who?

This is just such a great question that I had to quote it.

Trump will probably win the election, but I have stopped putting any faith in the government, so to me it does not really matter. We need to just get ourselves more in touch with the Spirit so we don't get caught up in the violence that is creeping into our society.

President Nelson was right when he said,

"Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." (President Russell M. Nelson, Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives, 2018 April General Conference, Sunday AM Session.)

17 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Trump will probably win the election, but I have stopped putting any faith in the government, so to me it does not really matter.

It still matters in the USA, especially to the rest of the world.  You haven't quite reached Britain level yet - where the people's repeated mandate keep getting overturned by Parliament.

40 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

It still matters in the USA, especially to the rest of the world.  You haven't quite reached Britain level yet - where the people's repeated mandate keep getting overturned by Parliament.

When I say 'It', what I mean is not getting caught up in the political battles at the expense of our souls. Everyone should vote for the people they feel will best represent their interests and the freedom of our country, but we can do that while avoiding the political extremism of our day, or it will canker our souls. Everyone seems so angry and this is not good.

2 Nephi 28

19 For the kingdom of the devil must shake, and they which belong to it must needs be stirred up unto repentance, or the devil will grasp them with his everlasting chains, and they be stirred up to anger, and perish;

20 For behold, at that day shall he rage in the hearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.

31 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Everyone seems so angry and this is not good.

"Seems" is the operative word.  Mainstream Media is making it seem like everyone is angry.  That's the narrative they want to push.  All one really needs to do is really see if the loudmouths actually represent the views of who they claim to represent.