Sign in to follow this  
Alemmedial

Out of work

I live in southern California and I'm looking for work.  I had a  three years of great work as a construction laborer and it kind of just ended. I've been keeping busy with other jobs but I find it much more fulfilling to do something I'm interested in.  If anyone lives in so cal and can help me in anyway my family and I would be very grateful.  I have a resume on indeed.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, dprh said:

Good luck brother.  I know a lot of people that have worked at UPS.  It's a good company.

Thanks brother, I haven't heard back from them but today is supposed to be the day.  

2 minutes ago, Alemmedial said:

If they don't call me back in a timely manner isnt it their own fault if I move on?

You pursue every lead equally.  

That means going calling company A back with "Hey, I'm wondering if you have any update" and going to the interview with company B.  Until a contract is signed, you're on the free market and should be pursuing all leads.

3 minutes ago, Alemmedial said:

If they don't call me back in a timely manner isnt it their own fault if I move on?

Sure.  

Right now is a job seeker's market.  Somebody who needs to hire someone needs to jump on prospects quick because there's high competition.  

In any case - job seeker's market or job hirer market doesn't matter.  You can interview for multiple companies, even get offers by multiple companies and you lay it out on the table and pick the one you like best.  That's how things work in a free market.