Sign in to follow this  
Mores

Spam

I've noticed that people are able to barely open an account and send spam via PM through Third hour.  I've received spam in this fashion.  

Since you make it a policy to review all new posters posts for the first little while before their first few posts are visible, would you be able make the same policy work with PMs?  Don't let them PM for the first week after their first three posts are approved?

1 minute ago, Mores said:

I've noticed that people are able to barely open an account and send spam via PM through Third hour.  I've received spam in this fashion.  

Since you make it a policy to review all new posters posts for the first little while before their first few posts are visible, would you be able make the same policy work with PMs?  Don't let them PM for the first week after their first three posts are approved?

I had a “young woman” message me a sob story about her life and request money.

I can not answer the question about limiting PMs... That is above my pay grade.

I do know that posts from new users have to be approved by the Mods, but there can be issues with making PMs subject to Mod approval, so someone else above me will need to make that call.

I do know that PMs can be reported to the mods just like posts can be.  And I know we have ways of dealing with SPAMMERs once we become aware of them.  So until/unless changes are made the best course of action is to report all content you find to be questionable.  And then let us deal with them