Sign in to follow this  
Fether

Censorship at its finest

On the bakery analogy - this doesn’t work.

There are different laws and tax structures surrounding Platforms versus Publishers.

Youtube and Facebook declared themselves as Platforms, therefore, they cannot censor past what is legal vs illegal speech and remain protected by Platform laws/taxes instead of Publishers.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, MormonGator said:
On 10/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, mirkwood said:

I would feel the same.  Freedom of speech is of great importance.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:31 PM, Fether said:

I too would be upset, but because I don't care too much about liberal sources, I wouldn't notice it and would likely not make a big deal about it. As Vort suggested, it is a bigger deal when it is your own ideas being censored. If my house ox is gored, it is a BIG PROBLEM.If my neighbor's ox is gored, then it is only a big problem.

I have no doubt that both of you would feel the same way. You are both people of great integrity. (I'd say men of great integrity, but @mirkwood is going though a gender fluid phase.) 

However, I have grave concerns that in our highly partisan culture,  many other conservatives would not feel the same. 

I know this is dead, but I wanted to drive the point home with this.

Youtube censored a DNC candidate, whom Crowder does not agree with at all, and here he is making an hour-long video that he fears will be removed/blocked.

The right voices are far more concerned about equality and freedom for all than the left voices are. The problem with politics expresses itself most on the left side of the aisle.

Edited by Fether