Church opposes anti conversion therapy bill

Fether

1 hour ago, cat123 said:

It's ridiculous to call out specific sins and say "we love them".  Why not have a sign that says "We love our children who are druggies", "We love our children who are bullies", "We love our children who are pregnant".

It's pandering to the emotionally weak "woke" individuals who think that the mere profaning of words makes something true. It in effect states that prior to this sign being put up, we didn't love them.  It signifies that only by bloviating meaningless words to pander to the world that we love them.

Until people wake up and realize the absolute stranglehold the LGBTQ+ velvet mafia has on people's thoughts, their ideas, and how they have suppressed the righteous desire to help people overcome their weaknesses, this junk will continue.  This group is sacrosanct-they are the new religion, with their priests, alcoyates and high priests. 

It's why the story about Katie Hill is buried. She is a priestess in the new religion and cannot be touched.  As a people we have traded the One True God for a false god.  Good luck!

Much much simpler than this.

I’ll give it another day for someone to spot it.

24 minutes ago, cat123 said:

I'm sure it is.  The supreme irony is the topic "the Church opposes anti-conversion therapy", when the entire purpose of the Church is about conversion therapy.

Sorry... I probably wasn't clear.  I was talking about the billboard.

1 hour ago, dprh said:

*puts on mind reading hat* :D 

Should it just say "We love our kids"?

KIDS.

See... this just goes to show how culture has changed soooo much within 5 years that LDS folks didn't even flinch seeing gay, lesbian, bisexual, and especially TRANS to label KIDS.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-jury-rules-against-dad-trying-to-save-his-7-year-old-from-gender-transition

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

KIDS.

See... this just goes to show how culture has changed soooo much within 5 years that LDS folks didn't even flinch seeing gay, lesbian, bisexual, and especially TRANS to label KIDS.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-jury-rules-against-dad-trying-to-save-his-7-year-old-from-gender-transition

No surprise . . .just have to check the main articles promoted and written by supposed Saints in certain locations. Give it another 10 years-gonna be fun!

Edited by cat123

34 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Don't expect any outrage from a bunch of cucked wannabe Christians. I'll give you the same response that was given to me

-----------------------

"*shrug*.  God has a plan of happiness for us, but the old tactic of pointing at people doing differently, and yelling about sickness and things being despicable and whatnot, just isn't persuasive any more.   We used to be preaching to the choir when we did that.  Now we're in the minority, and your righteous indignation is worth exactly squat.  It's not helping.  It does nothing to persuade anyone about anything.   Even though your indignation is certainly based on righteousness.

If you're looking for an echo chamber to agree with you and help you feel not alone, I suppose there's nothing wrong with that.  But if you're looking to make any sort of positive difference in the way the world is heading, you might want to re-think your tactics.

Can you look at these three people (mother/father/child) as children of God, inheritors of a divine birthright, with the potential to become someone you might see in the temple some day?  If not, you might want to do some thinking about the 2nd great commandment.  How does God want you to love these, thy neighbors?

----------------------

Welcome to hell!

Edited by cat123

So, I'd just like to remind us all of the site rules to which we all agreed, when joining the site. 

https://thirdhour.org/forums/announcement/1-third-hour-forum-rules-please-be-familiar-with-these-rules-before-posting/

Specifically,

3. Personal attacks, name calling, flaming, and judgments against other members will not be tolerated.

8 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

And I'll give you a response... you didn't flinch at trans kids either.

??? I did.  I just don't see trans as a bigger deal than homosexual or lesbian. In fact, trans is simply the logical progression of not shutting down homosexuality. You can't stop trans. without stopping homosexuality.  And there is another logical progression after trans. too.

All of it the L, the B, the G, the Q, the T, etc. all of it has to deal with one thing, sex, doing it with whoever (or whatever) you feel and claiming you are whatever you feel you are (and by virtue mutilating your sexual organs, either chemically or surgically).  But the nose of it all is homosexuality.

Edited by cat123

1 minute ago, cat123 said:

??? I did.  I just don't see trans as a bigger deal than homosexual or lesbian. In fact, trans is simply the logical progression of not shutting down homosexuality. You can't stop trans. without stopping homosexuality.  And there is another logical progression after trans. too.

All of it the L, the B, the G, the Q, the T, etc. all of it has to deal with one thing, sex, doing it with whoever you feel and claiming you are whatever you feel you are (and by virtue mutilating your sexual organs, either chemically or surgically).  But the nose of it all is homosexuality.

Or lesbian or gay kids... you didn't flinch at that.  You flinched at loving them.

All of it the L, the B, the G, the Q, the T, etc. all of it has to deal with one thing, sex, doing it with whoever you feel and claiming you are whatever you feel you are (and by virtue mutilating your sexual organs, either chemically or surgically).  But the nose of it all is homosexuality.

Uhmm no.  LGBTQ is a WHOLE LOT MORE than just sex.

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Or lesbian or gay kids... you didn't flinch at that.  You flinched at loving them.

Uhmm no.  LGBTQ is a WHOLE LOT MORE than just sex.

No, I did not flinch at "loving" them.  And please tell me just exactly does "loving" them look like.

No, LGBTQ is only about sex.  It has only to do with sex and anyone who claims else wise is either indoctrinated or selling you something.

Edited by cat123

No, I did not flinch at "loving" them.  And please tell me just exactly does "loving" them look like.

How does loving anybody look like?

No, LGBTQ is only about sex.  It has only to do with sex and anyone who claims else wise is either indoctrinated or selling you something.

Really?  I'm selling you something?  What, pray tell, am I selling you?

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

How does loving anybody look like?

Really?  I'm selling you something?  What, pray tell, am I selling you?

The sign is pure propaganda. We don't have signs saying "We love our adulterous brothers". We don't have signs saying "We love our pedophilic brothers and sisters".  All the sign signifies is indoctrination and propaganda that anyone who can't control their thoughts and feelings, that anyone who has unnatural proclivities should be coddled . . .except only a certain special group of individuals. It doesn't apply to anyone else . . .except a special group.

I didn't say you were selling me something. I gave you 2 options.

Figure out who you can not criticize and those are the people who hold the power.

Edited by cat123

Just now, cat123 said:

The sign is pure propaganda. We don't have signs saying "We love our adulterous brothers". We don't have signs saying "We love our pedophilic brothers and sisters".  All the sign signifies is indoctrination and propaganda that anyone who can't control their thoughts and feelings, that anyone who has unnatural proclivities should be coddled . . .except only a certain special group of individuals.

Ohh... you just jumped discussion trains...

What you said is that anybody who tells you that LGBTQ is a whole lot more than just sex is indoctrinated or selling you something.

But then you jumped to "We love our LGBTQ kids" is indoctrination and propaganda.  Ok.  I can jump trains too.  Yes, anybody paying money for a billboard is running propaganda.  But that doesn't have to be a bad thing.  The Church have ads on billboards too - yes, they're propaganda, no that's not a bad thing.  

Just now, cat123 said:

I didn't say you were selling me something. I gave you 2 options.

Ohhh... now so I'm indoctrinated.  Hah hah.  You really are something alright.

Just now, cat123 said:

Figure out who you can not criticize and those are the people who hold the power.

I don't know.  I criticize anybody and everybody except Senior Moderators on this forum because I'd rather be here than be banned.  For now.

7 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, I'd just like to remind us all of the site rules to which we all agreed, when joining the site. 

https://thirdhour.org/forums/announcement/1-third-hour-forum-rules-please-be-familiar-with-these-rules-before-posting/

Specifically,

What about patronizing and looking down one's nose at something someone else feels strongly about? 

7 hours ago, carlimac said:

What about patronizing and looking down one's nose at something someone else feels strongly about? 

Nothing...  But when a person's strong feeling cause them to be patronizing and looking down one's nose at people,  because they disagree with them, that is when a person enters rule breaking territory.  When it causes a person to attack members of this forum, the church and or the church leaders because they are not in lock-step agreement with what a person strongly held feeling because they do not act the way a person thinks they should... Well that behavior is explicitly called out as unacceptable in the rules