Trudeau almost loses, has to form a minority government

Midwest LDS

9 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

Gotta admit I was kind of hoping he'd lose, but at 152 seats it should be fairly simple for Prime Minister Trudeau to form a minority government. Still he came within a hairs breadth of becoming the first PM in Canadian history to lose his first re-election campaign.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50134640

We’ll call it the “minority-face government”.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, Midwest LDS said:

Gotta admit I was kind of hoping he'd lose, but at 152 seats it should be fairly simple for Prime Minister Trudeau to form a minority government. Still he came within a hairs breadth of becoming the first PM in Canadian history to lose his first re-election campaign.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50134640

As incompetent(among other things) as the Trudeau government was, it should have been fairly simple for the Conservatives to gain more seats than they did. Unfortunately this didn't happen...

Edited by lonetree
accuracy

Criticisms of the Conservative leader abound(he was indecisive, awkward, fibbed about his business background, etc.). There may be one other thing:  too many(progressives?) just hate-hate hate- a family man with 5 kids who refuses to walk in pride parades, and talks about ordinary things. But that's probably just me. 

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, lonetree said:

Criticisms of the Conservative leader abound(he was indecisive, awkward, fibbed about his business background, etc.). 

And he has the charisma of a suburban dad taking his kids to soccer practice. With Harper you knew what you got, even if you didn't like him. With Scheer, even he doesn't know what he believes. 

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, Maureen said:

IMO, he knows what he believes he just has trouble articulating his beliefs to a large audience.

M.

Great point, that could be the case.

For the record if I lived in Canada, I would have voted for Scheer even though I wouldn't want to hang around with him. I think Justin is a spoiled, rich little brat who thinks the rules don't apply to him. And since I am also a spoiled, rich little brat who thinks the rules don't apply to him, I can easily see members of my own clan.  

(Not that it matters so much but)The day the federal conservative leader marches in a pride parade is the day I stop voting Conservative. Anyway Scheer's leadership will be reviewed:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/senior-conservatives-in-ottawa-for-post-election-dissection-of-scheer-campaign-1.4660694