A personal witness of the power of the priesthood.

Midwest LDS

I had an amazing experience this evening brothers and sisters. My younger sister asked me to give her a blessing. While what I said was for her ears alone, I was covered in the Holy Ghost while I was speaking to her. I've given many blessings in my life, but this one was a very special one. I knew I was speaking for God. I've always taken my blessings seriously, and have tried to feel inspired and I believe that I said what God wanted me too. But this time, like only a handful of other times in my life, I literally felt the power of the Holy Ghost descend upon me, almost like a light blanket although that description is inadequate. The holy Melchesidek priesthood is real. God has restored it through Joseph Smith, and it's power comes from our Saviour Jesus Christ. I just wanted to share that with you all this evening.

Edited by Midwest LDS

12 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

I had an amazing experience this evening brothers and sisters. My younger sister asked me to give her a blessing. While what I said was for her ears alone, I was covered in the Holy Ghost while I was speaking to her. I've given many blessings in my life, but this one was a very special one. I knew I was speaking for God. I've always taken my blessings seriously, and have tried to feel inspired and I believe that I said what God wanted me too. But this time, like only a handful of other times in my life, I literally felt the power of the Holy Ghost descend upon me, almost like a light blanket although that description is inadequate. The holy Melchesidek priesthood is real. God has restored it through Joseph Smith, and it's power comes from our Saviour Jesus Christ. I just wanted to share that with you all this evening.

Thank you.  The Melchizedek Priesthood is the key to divine Law, Ordinance and Covenant - without which the Kingdom of G-d cannot persist nor can any divine doctrine have meaning.  There is no knowledge or understanding that can substitute for the experience of an apprenticeship with Christ as the master.

The Traveler

15 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Thank you.  The Melchizedek Priesthood is the key to divine Law, Ordinance and Covenant - without which the Kingdom of G-d cannot persist nor can any divine doctrine have meaning.  There is no knowledge or understanding that can substitute for the experience of an apprenticeship with Christ as the master.

The Traveler

Amen brother.

15 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I have felt as you have felt.