Police: Man Tries To Open Account With Fake $1 Million Bill

Still_Small_Voice

LINCOLN, Nebraska (CBS Local) -- October 30th 2019  A man tried to use a fake $1 million bill to open a checking account at a local bank branch, police in Nebraska said.

The man presented the bill to a teller at a Pinnacle Bank branch in Lincoln’s Havelock neighborhood Monday morning, witnesses told investigators. He adamantly claimed it was real despite attempts by tellers to convince him otherwise.

The man left the bank with the phony bill — and without a new account.

Read more at:  https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/10/30/police-man-tries-open-account-bank-fake-1-million-bill/

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

One of my favorite illustrations in teaching relates to the idea that we should not dismiss God's work and power because there are fakers. I ask, "Is divine healing real? Does God heal people in answer to prayer?" The answer is almost 100% YES. Then I ask, "Are there fake healers out their trying to make some money off God's people?" Again, the universal YES. My point: The fakers wouldn't convince people unless they were faking something that is real. My punchline (in a congregation that often includes a counterfeiter or two): NOBODY FAKES A $3 BILL.

I stand by that, but now must admit that once in a blue moon someone go after THE BIG DEEP FAKE. :itwasntme:

There was a $100,000 dollar bill printed a long time ago.  The Bureau of Engraving & Printing, a division of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, states, “The $100,000 Gold Certificate was used only for official transactions between Federal Reserve Banks and was not circulated among the general public.  This note cannot be legally held by currency note collectors.”

There were also a $500, $1,000, $5,000 and $10,000 printed.  The $10,000 bill was printed from 1918 to 1934 I believe but they were extremely rare.  If a bill of that value was printed in 2019 because of inflation my calculations show it would be worth around $200,000.

Presently the $100 is the largest bill printed.  The $500 bill and above have been discontinued.