This was ironic

carlimac

If Jana Riess and Ben Knowles data is right, there is a segment of the younger generations that would be perfectly happy in that particular offshoot Church.

By the by -- don't I recall @prisonchaplain once saying something about coffee being something he couldn't give up -- being from the Seattle area and all? Perhaps he would be interested in this offshoot?

Edited by MrShorty

I used to joke about being a former Java's Witness, who left to join the Church of the Sacred Bean. But, alas, no...if I received revelation to give up coffee, tough as it might be..."Thus sayeth the LORD" should always win..

Edited by prisonchaplain

I didn't notice "Latte" either. But I served my mission to Italy, and "latte" is Italian for "milk" (which is why the coffee concoction is called a "latte"—apparently, it contains milk). So despite living near Seattle, I'm not sure I would have made the coffee connection anyway. I would more likely have thought it was the Church of the milk of gospel truths.

14 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Directions for a WoW-compliant CoJCoLDS latte:

1 mug of hot milk

1 Tablespoon of Postum*

2-3 teaspoons of sugar

Mix well

* Or whatever faux-coffee atrocity you prefer. 🙃

It's been a long time since I've had postum and don't remember the taste too well, but does it really need that much sugar? 😊

M.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, Vort said:

I didn't notice "Latte" either. But I served my mission to Italy, and "latte" is Italian for "milk" (which is why the coffee concoction is called a "latte"—apparently, it contains milk). So despite living near Seattle, I'm not sure I would have made the coffee connection anyway. I would more likely have thought it was the Church of the milk of gospel truths.

And once we grow up, we can attend the Church of the meat of gospel truths. :) 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:01 PM, carlimac said:

I can hardly drink straight hot chocolate anymore. I’m in the habit of adding a teaspoon or two of Pero. And less of the chocolate. Plain hot choc is too sweet for me now. I’m quite sure I’d grow fond of coffee given the chance. 

Cacao (the main ingredient for chocolate) is not sweet at all...  it's bitter.  Like coffee.  Tableya (pure cacao) in the Philippines is the thing, not tea nor coffee.  You're gonna need to mix it with tons of milk and sugar to make it not bitter.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:20 PM, NeuroTypical said:

I've ditched my hot chocolate, in favor of Ghirardelli cacao powder mixed with stevia.  Finger-warmingly good.

You gotta try Tableya - pure raw cacao instead of the roasted cacao powder. The organic cacao powder takes raw cacao and roasts it in heat so it ends up killing the enzymes that are good for cardiovascular health.  Tableya is formed by cold-pressing raw cacao beans to squeeze out the fat (used for cacao butter) so all the enzymes remain intact, especially the antioxidants needed for cardiovascular health.  They usually come in "coin" form.

I'd ship you one of mine except I just opened my last pack.  They should sell them in Asian stores that sell Filipino things.  There are a few of them in Colorado Springs.  

49 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

That’s chocolate, not tableya but yes, tableya looks like that.  Tableya is 100% pure raw cacao.

So, to make it into hot chocolate, you put one “coin” into a kettle, add water (1 standard coin serves 4) then put on the stove. Once it’s almost boiling, you stir-stir-stir with a whisk until the tableya is dissolved and the water becomes your desired thickness.  You can add sweetener or substitute all or a portion of water with milk.

Some brands make single-serve sizes.