Cain

Guest Scott

10 hours ago, Vort said:

Cain studied gongfu, which in the Adamic tongue was wushu, later lending a variant of its name to a wonderful pork dish. He was an average student, but well-liked by his gongfu master, who called him "Grasshopper". Or maybe that was the master's pet grasshopper; Cain was never sure.

One fine day, Cain's gongfu master was brutally murdered. Cain considered following the ugly path of mindless revenge, returning blood for blood. In the end, Cain found himself unAbel to follow through with his vengeful plans, and instead moved to the Old West and spent his time gently beating up bad guys. It's a magical story of redemption, of love of self and others.

Also, while he was yet young, Cain found out there had once been someone else with his same name who was a real jerk. So Cain changed the spelling of his name. But I have retained the original spelling so as to avoid confusion.

I think I know this story.  If I remember, didn't he have a son (not quite sure I remember how) and later in life he was reunited with said son.  His son became a cop and they solved a few mysteries together?

On 11/13/2019 at 1:54 PM, Scott said:

I'm just curious as to what others think on this topic.

Why did God place the mark on Cain as a protection so he couldn't be killed?

Genesis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Was this out of compassion?    Why did the Lord place the mark on Cain as a protection?    

What?  You haven't been watching the powerful documentary series Lucifer?  Thrusdays at 8.  Only on FOX!

Obviously, the earthly version of immortality is not all it's cracked up to be.  Just ask Marcus Pierce.

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I think I know this story.  If I remember, didn't he have a son (not quite sure I remember how) and later in life he was reunited with said son.  His son became a cop and they solved a few mysteries together?

It was his great-grandson, actually.  And that great-grandson went around with his police detective son fighting crime.

Sheesh!  You need to keep your Cains straight -- like @Vort did.  ;) 

Edited by Mores

17 hours ago, GaleG said:

What do you believe is the mark Cain received from God?  Would you show me one scripture
where a person other than Cain received a mark for committing a secret murder or
combination?

Thank you,

Gale

you may find the following scriptures interesting:

Revelation 13:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 16:

2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Revelation 19:

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The Traveler