Incomplete Crime...

anatess2

On 11/20/2019 at 2:15 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

Well, *you* apparently think that either a) Swalwell literally can’t spell the word “law”, or b) that it’s OK to say stuff that isn’t quite factually true, in order to score a rhetorical/emotional point.  

What *I* think is that people who spent the last four years making excuses for all of President Trump’s myriad factual misstatements should probably consider that they don’t carry a lot of credibility when they get all morally or semantically outraged about a Democrat who used the word “crime” as a sort of synonym for “wrongful act”.

As a lawyer, you should know the difference between misstatements and statememts borne of ignorance.  Shoe-bombing is a CRIME not a wrongful act.  

But TDS has you on a death grip so much so that you’re playing apologist for a guy who threatened to use his power to nuke you.  You should take something for that.

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

As a lawyer, you should know the difference between misstatements and statememts borne of ignorance.  Shoe-bombing is a CRIME not a wrongful act.  

But TDS has you on a death grip so much so that you’re playing apologist for a guy who threatened to use his power to nuke you.  You should take something for that.

Predictably, having been logically outflanked, you sink back into your Trump-hole of ad hominem and fear-mongering.  

My TDS must be pretty light; as a participant on these forums, *you* should know that I have repeatedly opposed impeachment.  :D  And at any rate, I think it’s better to be deranged against *one* man, than to be deranged against all of the thousands in Israel who have not yet kissed your god-king’s butt. 

And as a speaker of a second language, you should know the difference between analogy, rhetorical hyperbole, honest slips of the tongue, ignorance, and bold-faced lies.  

And as a nominal Latter-day Saint, you should know that lying doesn’t suddenly become moral just because we’re lying about someone like Swalwell whom we perceive to be bad, or even dangerous.  

Lies in the service of your chosen savior, are still lies; and if you’re at the point where you feel otherwise or are triggered into rage by being reminded of the mere existence of people who have not yet pimped our their consciences—maybe you should see someone for that.  

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Guest MormonGator
25 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Lies in the service of your chosen savior, are still lies

Very noble of you @Just_A_Guy, but if you are going to try to preach morality to political ideologues, you are wasting your breath. Like I said, your intentions are noble, but useless. And yes, both sides lie compulsively.

Welcome to politics.

(There is no Tooth Fairy either son)

:: pats @Just_A_Guy on the head :: 

Edited by MormonGator

3 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Predictably, having been logically outflanked, you sink back into your Trump-hole of ad hominem and fear-mongering.  

My TDS must be pretty light; as a participant on these forums, *you* should know that I have repeatedly opposed impeachment.  :D  And at any rate, I think it’s better to be deranged against *one* man, than to be deranged against all of the thousands in Israel who have not yet kissed your god-king’s butt. 

And as a speaker of a second language, you should know the difference between analogy, rhetorical hyperbole, honest slips of the tongue, ignorance, and bold-faced lies.  

And as a nominal Latter-day Saint, you should know that lying doesn’t suddenly become moral just because we’re lying about someone like Swalwell whom we perceive to be bad, or even dangerous.  

Lies in the service of your chosen savior, are still lies; and if you’re at the point where you feel otherwise or are triggered into rage by being reminded of the mere existence of people who have not yet pimped our their consciences—maybe you should see someone for that.  

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Very noble of you @Just_A_Guy, but if you are going to try to preach morality to political ideologues, you are wasting your breath. Like I said, your intentions are noble, but useless. And yes, both sides lie compulsively.

Welcome to politics.

(There is no Tooth Fairy either son)

:: pats @Just_A_Guy on the head :: 

In this case, JAG is the political ideologue.

I was pointing out Swalwell's complete lack of understanding of what constitutes criminal, incomplete or otherwise, especially in light of his position of being a lawmaker, and JAG can't help but defend Swalwell by... attacking Trump?  I don't even know what he's saying anymore.  How does what I think of Trump have ANYTHING at all to do with Swalwell being an idiot???  If you want to defend Swalwell then at least defend his statement for its merit and not bring your TDS into it!

And by the way @MormonGator, your passive aggressive swipes IS political ideologue.  Thanks for displaying it as well.

Edited by anatess2

4 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Ad hominem and fear-mongering?  Where the heck are you in the conversation?  It's like you put some Deplorable Trump Dummy infront of you, put my name on it, put your own imagination of what a Trump deplorable would say and started attacking the dummy.

Swalwell STATED the sentiment!  I am not fear-mongering you.  I'm ILLUSTRATING to you Swalwell's stupidity.

Another one of your own conversations with the dummy... what does impeachment have to do with the issue with Swalwell's understanding of law?  The issue is not whether Swalwell thinks Trump is impeachable.  The issue is Swalwell's statement that Trump committed a crime in the same manner that the shoebomber committed a crime - incomplete or otherwise.

Yes, I do.  Your apologizing for Swalwell by telling me his statement is rhetorical hyperbole, honest slip of tongue... mistaking crime for wrongful act... which part of the statement would that be... that he mistakenly called shoebombing a crime instead of a wrongful act?  Or that he mistakenly called Trump a criminal?

Ignorance, bold-faced lies.... EXACTLY THE POINT.  Swalwell - US House of Representative.  Ignorant or Bold-facedly Lying.  Pick one.  There's more of them sitting in your Congress.

WAIT... did you just tell me that I'm lying about Swalwell?  I have ZERO CLUE where you are here.

You think I'm in a rage?  Are you projecting?

And if you think that I defend Trump when he's blatantly lying... then you go smack that dummy infront of you again.  Hope it makes you feel better.  May I remind you that you're the one defending Swalwell.

Edited by anatess2