Stand clear of European and left-wing US news sources! They're about to wet themselves!

Vort

Guest MormonGator

After the boxing match is over it's easy to say "Oh, I knew this guy would win." No you didn't. No one expected this. Dennis Skinner lost his seat. That's like Ted Kennedy losing Massachusetts. Even people who would have voted for the Tories (like me) are in complete shock. 

17 hours ago, Vort said:
1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, if I can project parallels to 2020, would this not mean that the Republicans will end up having a supermajority in the House (if that even means anything legally) with nearly a supermajority in the Senate.  And of course Trump will win re-election.

Then Both New York and the Left-coast will issue referenda for secession... ?

15 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I’ll wait until after the egg is well and truly laid before I start my cackling.  :) 

15 hours ago, Vort said:

I, on the other hand, am not widely known for my wisdom. :)

Neither am I.  Truthfully, I have found that if I ever make a prediction publicly, then I have a 99% failure rate.  But when I keep my predictions private, I have an 85% success rate.

I guess I should just keep quiet.

17 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

I'm more fearful of the US-left Media-Industrial-Complex's reaction. It might be good if they avoided any stimulants--including coffee, tea, and energy drinks for the next few days. :evilsmile:

I'm not sure if I like the idea of many people from the media bringing their sensibilities into the community of Saints.  But they are our brothers and sisters after all.

We'll have to accept them all.

Guest MormonGator
25 minutes ago, Mores said:

So, if I can project parallels to 2020, would this not mean that the Republicans will end up having a supermajority in the House (if that even means anything legally) with nearly a supermajority in the Senate.  And of course Trump will win re-election.

Then Both New York and the Left-coast will issue referenda for secession... ?

Remember that you can't see the future. Is this a positive? You bet it is. But it really doesn't mean much for the future of US politics. 

OK! So, apparently the founders of the Fusion GPS debacle are now telling the UK that the results were the result of Russian interference in the UK election.

Just how much deception can people get called on and still continue to hope they will be believed?

1 minute ago, Mores said:

OK! So, apparently the founders of the Fusion GPS debacle are now telling the UK that the results were the result of Russian interference in the UK election.

Hopefully they have some allies willing to look into this and track it down where ever it leads.

Except Ukraine. The trail has to die if it goes there.

Well, we'll see if something similar occurs in the US.

I fully expect the Senate will NOT impeach Trump, and thus the impeachment that looks likely to come from the House will be a useless gesture.

With the Democrat platform swinging so far to the Left and their focus on impeachment rather than Democratic ideals, if Trump somehow wins this next election, I expect it will be due to those two reasons.

They have squandered an excellent opportunity to get ahead by instead making a useless impeachment proceeding that will go nowhere.  If Trump wins in the next presidential election it would be just as resounding a defeat (even if it's only a slight defeat, Trump winning after the House impeachment would be a direct referendum in action upon their impeachment and how it truly was accepted) to the Democrats as Boris has been to his political foes in the British election.

It's a shame.  Trump offered the perfect opportunity for the Democrats to get united and get their act together.  If he does win, hopefully it will send a clear signal that they need to finally start listening to those of us that are in the middle (not far left or far right) and get their act together rather than acting like a bunch of loons.

On the otherhand if they win, I expect the same lunacy that has happened under Trump to continue with them, just in the opposite direction.

Edited by JohnsonJones

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, JohnsonJones said:

they need to finally start listening to those of us that are in the middle

That'll never happen. "The Middle" doesn't exist anymore. This isn't 1992 where you can appeal to swing voters. There really aren't many swing voters left. 

20 hours ago, Mores said:

Just how much deception can people get called on and still continue to hope they will be believed?

When I saw the results of the election, my first thought was a joking and sarcastic “Im sure Russia had something to do with this”.

Are we back to blaming witches, Loki, and the devil for everything negative that happens in our lives?