Just Sayin' Hi

star.bright

Hi, I'm from Germany. Tryin' to find a good and enlightning  time here in these forums. I've been familiar with the Latter-day Saints faith and doctrine. Tryin' to get closer to God Almighty. Maybe these forums will help me on my way through those deserts of mental ignorance and vanity and help me to return. The Spirit once might leave you, but maybe he's coming back upon you one time and help fulfill your mind and brightens you up like a little star in God's endless universe.

37 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Hey my friend is from Germany!

Howdy & Guten Tag :)

We love questions, so feel free to ask anything you'd like.  Or maybe just chat about the latest movie.

Sure. And what's the latest good movie...? 🤠 The latest good American movie I know was "Dances with Wolves" from 1990. A real epic western film, shot in South Dakota and the impressing landscape of Wyoming (where you live). But this, of course, is going too far for an introducing thread...

Edited by star.bright
additional remarks

14 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I believe it is of a Vortex.  His username is Vort...which could in theory be one of the shortened forms of Vortex.

I see. I've never heard about a "Vortex" before, even if the word exists in German (as I  learned from Wikipedia). I only wonder how you cowboys know all this...

4 minutes ago, star.bright said:

I see. I've never heard about a "Vortex" before, even if the word exists in German (as I  learned from Wikipedia). I only wonder how you cowboys know all this...

Hey, I have you know that me and my friend from Hamburg both have phD's and used to work together every day at a cowboy university (the mascot literally is a cowboy). 

:P

Edited by Jane_Doe

17 hours ago, star.bright said:

I think it would be similar to

Wirbel

Or Whirl, except his is more like in a Black Hole singularity wormhole type idea.  So a Wurmloch.

So, in German you could use it as an abbreviation of Wirb (though it wouldn't mean recruit, just a shortened form of Wirbel) or Wurm (though it isn't like the Wurm, just a shortened version of Wurmloch).  I better translation may be similar to loch...though still not an exact translation of his nickname.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, JohnsonJones said:

I think it would be similar to

Wirbel

Or Whirl, except his is more like in a Black Hole singularity wormhole type idea.  So a Wurmloch.

So, in German you could use it as an abbreviation of Wirb (though it wouldn't mean recruit, just a shortened form of Wirbel) or Wurm (though it isn't like the Wurm, just a shortened version of Wurmloch).  I better translation may be similar to loch...though still not an exact translation of his nickname.

It's surely based on fluid mechanics, see   https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirbel_(Strömungslehre)

Not that "Wurmloch" theory, or some kind of a "Loch Ness" theory, but only pseudo-scientifics like water floating away from your washbasin after having a shave and making a grand theory out of it cause your beard' hairs have gonna away by a mystic vortex; or so-called Vort.  🤠