Do we Canadians owe America an apology for 1750 - 1783?

DennisTate

On 1/17/2020 at 3:49 PM, Vort said:

To me, because it will make me feel validated. Also, it will be a windfall if there's a cash component.

I am advocating five hundred dollars per month as an unconditional income supplement for all Canadians based on the Bank of Canada policy of 1938 to 1974 and if my advice is coopted across Canada I suspect that it will soon be adopted in the USA as well.  Here is one of the probable results..........  many of us will be building a second or even third home that is outside of the major cities.

"There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country. 

Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and 

nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to "get away from it 

all"---and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by 

people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of 

becoming self-supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar. 

Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to 

all but syndicates." (David Wilkerson, The Vision, page 18,19).

4 hours ago, DennisTate said:

I am advocating five hundred dollars per month as an unconditional income supplement for all Canadians based on the Bank of Canada policy of 1938 to 1974 and if my advice is coopted across Canada I suspect that it will soon be adopted in the USA as well.  Here is one of the probable results..........  many of us will be building a second or even third home that is outside of the major cities.

Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and 

Dennis, let me ask you... where do you think the value of $500 comes from?  What gives it the trade value equivalent to a specific basket of goods?

5 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Dennis, let me ask you... where do you think the value of $500 comes from?  What gives it the trade value equivalent to a specific basket of goods?

Good question.....  the simple answer is that the USA dollar is backed up by the productivity of American workers.

American workers are exceptionally productive for many, many reasons:

1.  Amazing natural resources given to America by God.  

2.  High levels of education  

3.  generally just laws and protection for consumers from fraud.  

4.  great transportation systems

5.  great communication systems  

6 the blessing of God due to America helping Israel in so many ways

7. the blessing on America due to so many American praying.... but of course it is more complicated that all this as well......

16 hours ago, DennisTate said:

Good question.....  the simple answer is that the USA dollar is backed up by the productivity of American workers.

American workers are exceptionally productive for many, many reasons:

1.  Amazing natural resources given to America by God.  

2.  High levels of education  

3.  generally just laws and protection for consumers from fraud.  

4.  great transportation systems

5.  great communication systems  

6 the blessing of God due to America helping Israel in so many ways

7. the blessing on America due to so many American praying.... but of course it is more complicated that all this as well......

Great.  So I get $500 that can buy a specific basket of goods because those goods have value commensurate to the value of my productivity.  Or in other words, I can buy 10 pairs of pants and 10 shirts using an otherwise value-less piece of paper with $500 printed on its face because the effort of making 10 pants and 10 shirts out of the earth is symbolized by that print on that paper.

What do you think will happen to the value of $500 if you just give it to everybody without it having any relation to productivity?  Why $500?  Why not $100?  Or, for that matter, why not $1 million?  They would be exactly the same.  The value of any $ given to everybody without productivity is... exactly zero. 

For $500 to retain its value of being able to buy 10 pants and 10 shirts when you give it to somebody who did not produce anything for it, you're going to need an equal number of somebodies who produced 10 pants and 10 shirts who did not receive $500 for the productive effort.  There's a word for that... I'll give you a hint.  Starts with an S followed by lavery.

Edited by anatess2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, anatess2 said:

Great.  So I get $500 that can buy a specific basket of goods because those goods have value commensurate to the value of my productivity.  Or in other words, I can buy 10 pairs of pants and 10 shirts using an otherwise value-less piece of paper with $500 printed on its face because the effort of making 10 pants and 10 shirts out of the earth is symbolized by that print on that paper.

What do you think will happen to the value of $500 if you just give it to everybody without it having any relation to productivity?  Why $500?  Why not $100?  Or, for that matter, why not $1 million?  They would be exactly the same.  The value of any $ given to everybody without productivity is... exactly zero. 

For $500 to retain its value of being able to buy 10 pants and 10 shirts when you give it to somebody who did not produce anything for it, you're going to need an equal number of somebodies who produced 10 pants and 10 shirts who did not receive $500 for the productive effort.  There's a word for that... I'll give you a hint.  Starts with an S followed by lavery.

For starters I am no economist, I am just a janitor at a school who has read a lot about all this and

after teaching English in Quito, Ecuador for over a year I returned to Nova Scotia, Canada determined to be

more socially and politically active.  

All of my four previous political campaign writings can be viewed if you do a search for:

"My 2006, 2008, 2016 and 2004 campaign writings as ART."

At the time of my first campaign, 2004, I had my students from Universidad Technologica de Israel de Quito in mind and I had hoped to

have my writings translated into side by side Spanish - English soon...... but sixteen years later and I still haven't gotten that accomplished yet.

After seeing real poverty with my own eyes in Ecuador I just felt compelled to at the least educate more and more and more people as to what I felt the

core of this problem was.  

A simple explanation would be that the students and disciples of Thomas Malthus have made sure that human productivity is at a relatively low level,

(perhaps for the at least somewhat ethical reason of attempting to save the environment), and they have made certain that more than ninety percent of 

the world's wealth is concentrated in the hands of the group of people that Thomas Malthus considered himself to be a part of?!

Two relevant scriptures are:

A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

On 1/21/2020 at 6:14 PM, anatess2 said:

A significant part of the value of money is Optimism vs Pessimism.  Another important part is the level of ethics within the community.  For example people in Calgary, Alberta, Canada may have several hundred "Calgary Dollars" in their wallets that they can use regularly for a significant percentage of their purchases.

Partly due to the history of Alberta, notably that of Premier (Bible) Bill Aberhart, the residents of Calgary, Alberta have a level of enthusiasm for, and confidence in their local currency, that rivals that of Ithaca, New York and several other famous local currencies, (that incidentally are taxable at the same rate as if Canadian dollars were earned)!

15 hours ago, DennisTate said:

A significant part of the value of money is Optimism vs Pessimism.  

This has no bearing on the value of money.  This only affects speculative investments like stock prices.  Regardless of how optimistic or pessimistic a population is of the value of their investment, $500 will still remain to be worth a specific basket of goods.

15 hours ago, DennisTate said:

Another important part is the level of ethics within the community.  For example people in Calgary, Alberta, Canada may have several hundred "Calgary Dollars" in their wallets that they can use regularly for a significant percentage of their purchases.

Partly due to the history of Alberta, notably that of Premier (Bible) Bill Aberhart, the residents of Calgary, Alberta have a level of enthusiasm for, and confidence in their local currency, that rivals that of Ithaca, New York and several other famous local currencies, (that incidentally are taxable at the same rate as if Canadian dollars were earned)!

This also does not have any bearing on the value of $500.  Ethics only come into play when governments print more money without a corresponding increase in productivity causing a devaluation of the currency.

The value of money is backed by tangible products.  That is why you can use it to trade for products.  Detaching money from productivity makes money just another piece of paper that has no meaning.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:15 AM, anatess2 said:

This has no bearing on the value of money.  This only affects speculative investments like stock prices.  Regardless of how optimistic or pessimistic a population is of the value of their investment, $500 will still remain to be worth a specific basket of goods.

This also does not have any bearing on the value of $500.  Ethics only come into play when governments print more money without a corresponding increase in productivity causing a devaluation of the currency.

The value of money is backed by tangible products.  That is why you can use it to trade for products.  Detaching money from productivity makes money just another piece of paper that has no meaning.

But if we are more productive we also tend to be more optimistic... if the following prediction was inspired by the Holy Spirit the implications are huge for our situation that looks so much like the formula for another 1929, a Bear Market.

The surge in rural real estate value could prevent that possible Bear Market.

A near death experiencer was shown much about our situation:

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/howard-storm.html#a04

If we change the way we are, then we can change the future which they showed me. They showed me a view of the future, at the time of my experience, based upon how we in the United States were behaving at that time. It was a future in which a massive worldwide depression would occur. If we were to change our behavior, however, then the future would be different.

5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

This is true to an extent but optimism does not drive the value of money - productivity does. 

Films..... produced by Latter day Saints in my opinion.... will increase and increase and increase in value over the coming two centuries...........

but some optimism is needed for Art to take its proper place which is challenging for us to relate to in this age where the Adversary had put 

his people into high positions of power and influence and control in Hollywood.  

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

Good point. 

I have reason to believe that Canada and America are about to come closer together in ways that

will shock most of us who are used to how things worked over these last five decades.

This coming together will be largely driven by the Holy Spirit as we humans are humbled..... and shown that we know essentially nothing on any subject.  

That is what I went through over these past thirty years but it is such a relief to realize that I am like a child..... I know nothing... and I depend on my Creator for every breath that I breathe.  

At least one of the aspiring next Prime Ministers of Canada has promised to move the Canadian Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.  This in my opinion is a promising sign of good things to come!

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

Guest MormonGator

@DennisTate Do you know what I'm surprised about? The Quebec sovereignty movement has basically been dormant for decades. When I was growing up in the 1990's I thought it they were going to formally break away at any moment! 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

@DennisTate Do you know what I'm surprised about? The Quebec sovereignty movement has basically been dormant for decades. When I was growing up in the 1990's I thought it they were going to formally break away at any moment! 

True... but now it is Alberta that is really, really, really, really close to wanting to actually separate from Canada but.........

there is a shocking opportunity in what looks like a constitutional crisis.  About two percent of the population of Alberta are Latter day Saints...........  Two percent of a population.... can lead the whole province..... in theory!

Edited by DennisTate
grammar

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, DennisTate said:

True... but now it is Alberta that is really, really, really, really close to wanting to actually separate from Canada but.........

I have to be honest with you Dennis, they are within their rights. Ottawa is a mess, a total mess, and Alberta has the right to step back and let the rest of the country spiral out of control. 

Edited by MormonGator

Just now, MormonGator said:

I have to be honest with you Dennis, they are within their right. Ottawa is a mess, a total mess, and Alberta has the right to step back and let the rest of the country spiral out of control. 

I agree..... Albertans are free to leave Canada........

and for all that I know... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus may be just as much in this as He was in the revolt of the northern kingdom of Israel against Rehoboam????????

In my opinion... .the Canadian province of Alberta is in a position to artistically make use of the White Horse President Prophecy and turn it into a world changer in a very positive way but...... there are risks involved........  I am merely a janitor at a school but I do have forty seven years of researching world events and twenty five years of research in my spare time on Social Credit Economic Theory that .... to my thinking.... can be used almost like a prop  or stage in a series of films..........  Latter day Saints...... the message of Joshua and Caleb to the people of Israel........  in my opinion......  belongs to YOU........ now!!!!!!!!!!  In 2020.... unlike to almost anybody else at this time for many reasons!

Playing around with an alternate universe 2012 to 2020 give you ARTISTIC FREEDOM AND ARTISTIC LISENCE..... to actually do something about the mess that this third rock is in!

Edited by DennisTate
spelling