Evil doesn't Think, it just Does

star.bright

10 hours ago, star.bright said:

Ask the victims of those murderers I've mentioned here, but they can't speak any more. Ask the young flowers of South Carolina, that were killed by a 

I suspect that these people would have a great deal of difficulty giving an unbiased, objective viewpoint.

Edited by askandanswer

17 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

^^^^ Impaired typing, poor Google translate? I can't even tell what is going on half the time with these gibberish posts.
The one thing that is apparent is the hostility that transcends the gibberish barrier.

Chill pill anyone?

I've been struggling to even get through a sentence before wondering what the heck he/she is getting at.  I still don't understand a thing he's posted.  All I get is that God or Mormons (or both) are "ice-cold".  I can't really put together more than that.

Can anyone tell me if Starbright has made any coherent sentence in this thread?  I'd really like to understand what the conversation is about.  But I can't get through the gibberish either.

Edited by Mores

8 hours ago, Mores said:

Can anyone tell me if Starbright has made any coherent sentence in this thread?  I'd really like to understand what the conversation is about.  But I can't get through the gibberish either.

Essentially, this thread is a waste of everyone's time.  @star.bright is very angry about the fact that some people have committed unspeakably cruel acts, and God has not stopped them from doing so.  @star.bright hates these criminals (and perhaps God, not sure; perhaps just doesn't believe in God anymore).  @star.bright claims to want an explanation of why God would allow such evil to happen, but in the OP pre-rejected any possible answer, especially the truth, thus making the discussion pointless.

Meanwhile, @star.bright has accused @Jane_Doe of not having compassion for victims or horrible crime, which, if @star.bright knew Jane's past, @star.bright would never have said (based on @star.bright's expressions of concern for victims).

@star.bright has also attacked the character of a few of the respondents, and I don't buy the whole "English isn't my first language, you don't understand" claim.  Further, I'm pretty sure German uses paragraphs, and I wish @star.bright would, too.

I suspect @askandanswer was trying to determine whether @star.bright would prefer that no one have free will, or only wants some limit on the degree of evil we can act out, or some other thing, but @star.bright has repeatedly avoided engaging, and seems to prefer raging against those guilty of unspeakable acts, and against anyone who doesn't immediately join in the raging.  @star.bright has also rejected the notion that hate and anger destroy the one who feels them, regardless of whether the object of the emotions "deserves" them.

I think that about sums it up.

Edited by zil
too many toos

On 12/21/2019 at 3:13 AM, star.bright said:

"The rarest product of our universe appears to be life.  And the rarest of life is intelligent life.  Outside of our planet life is not known to exist anywhere in our vast universe." 

In our vast universe... how could we step into contact with another civilization, and how, since the velocity of light and, thus, electromagnetic waves is limited, and it would maybe take thousands of years before our message arrived the aliens by chance, if it weren't absorbed and disappeared in the big noise of the universe long before?

"You seem to selfishly ignore the cruelty of this universe to countless struggling lifeforms to concern yourself with but so few of your own species. "

I'm quite conscious of the cruelty of this universe and its nature. I wouldn't say I was ignoring this fact.

"Since we all die - what difference does it make how we die?  10,000 years after an individual death even the most intelligent creature will be forgotten and remembered no more."

My oh my, and what about empathy and compassion? There are significant differences of how we can die, as described in this thread before.

"Let me be very simple - It appears to me that you really do not believe in a resurrection from death."

I would call it transformation. Maybe it's the same, only another word.

"... would you explain to me why flowing currents (electrons) generate magnetic fields?"

Electromagnetism is due to something in common with other phenomenons of our universe. It started with Maxell and it maybe will end in a all-encompassing theory.The fundamental surface of our universe is the quantum world. In an additional interaction with a supposed superordinate universum it makes me unsure what we see is absolute; and we see very less, by the way. However, it's only my thoughts, based on my own empiric perceptions, but let me take this risk of being wrong, and nevertheless let me guess one great spirit has granted us the ability of reading even between the lines of the twinkling stars' firmament; and, thus, even would let us understand the secrets beyond that darkness.

A few notes in passing.  I have been present a number of times when someone has died.  I will make this short and sweet.  There are two primary causes of human death.  One is cardiovascular (blood loss or heart failure) - the other is suffocation (inability of lungs to supply oxygen to the organism.  The first appears peaceful as life slips away - the second appears horrific as the automatic responses struggle for oxygen.  All the bad things that can happen actually precede death - We do not know but that death is a release that could be argued to have more to do with empathy and compassion.

Admit it my friend - no one understand electromagnetism - there is little reason to ridicule other's ignorance over our own - except to put our own narcissism on display. 

As I attempted to highlight in my previous post to you - if we attempt to define justice, good, evil, right or wrong based on what we can perceive of life from inception until death there is no justification to believe in any such concepts - including empathy and compassion.

I submit that if you refuse the possibility that we existed before we our life inception - there is no intelligent reason to believe life has value.  If you refuse to the possibility that we exist after this life and must answer for our choices - again there is no intelligent reason to believe that life has value.  I submit that your arguments become ridiculous with your rejection of basic principles taught in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The Traveler 

19 minutes ago, zil said:

Essentially, this thread is a waste of everyone's time.  @star.bright is very angry about the fact that some people have committed unspeakably cruel acts, and God has not stopped them from doing so.  @star.bright hates these criminals (and perhaps God, not sure; perhaps just doesn't believe in God anymore).  @star.bright claims to want an explanation of why God would allow such evil to happen, but in the OP pre-rejected any possible answer, especially the truth, thus making the discussion is pointless.

Meanwhile, @star.bright has accused @Jane_Doe of not having compassion for victims or horrible crime, which, if @star.bright knew Jane's past, @star.bright would never have said (based on @star.bright's expressions of concern for victims).

@star.bright has also attacked the character of a few of the respondents, and I don't buy the whole "English isn't my first language, you don't understand" claim.  Further, I'm pretty sure German uses paragraphs, and I wish @star.bright would too.

I suspect @askandanswer was trying to determine whether @star.bright would prefer that no one have free will, or only wants some limit on the degree of evil we can act out, or some other thing, but @star.bright has repeatedly avoided engaging, and seems to prefer raging against those guilty of unspeakable acts, and against anyone who doesn't immediately join in the raging.  @star.bright has also rejected the notion that hate and anger destroy the one who feels them, regardless of whether the object of the emotions "deserves" them.

I see what you did there.

Welcome back.

6 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

You gave him (her) 12 notifications in a single post.  Bravo.

Whelp, s/he declined to provide a gender, so I couldn't use a pronoun and still have it be clear who I meant, so, ya know, the username thing seemed to be the best option. :unsure:  (After the fact, I did think maybe I should have just made up an abbreviation and used a footnote1 to explain my made-up abbreviation, but by then, it didn't seem worth it.)

1You know how I love footnotes. :D

Edited by zil
Yes, I know my use of "whelp" is entirely wrong and it has its own meaning, but I was going for something that sounded how I would have said "well" in this situation.

11 minutes ago, zil said:

Edited 8 minutes ago by zil
Yes, I know my use of "whelp" is entirely wrong and it has its own meaning, but I was going for something that sounded how I would have said "well" in this situation.

On the contrary, any native speaker of American English recognized and appreciated your perfectly correct usage.

55 minutes ago, Vort said:

On the contrary, any native speaker of American English recognized and appreciated your perfectly correct usage.

I figured maybe Germans would look it up in the dictionary and be confused, so I decided to head that off at the pass.

PS: A favorite line from book one: "You mortal-whelped son of an Aat!"  (Not that I expect anyone, even you, to understand what that means (yet), but it's still one of my favorite lines.)

5 minutes ago, zil said:

I figured maybe Germans would look it up in the dictionary and be confused, so I decided to head that off at the pass.

PS: A favorite line from book one: "You mortal-whelped son of an Aat!"  (Not that I expect anyone, even you, to understand what that means (yet), but it's still one of my favorite lines.)

https://www.aat.org.uk/

Association of Accounting Technicians.

Kidding.  It sounds like something from George R.R. Martin.

Edited by Mores

6 minutes ago, Mores said:

Kidding.  It sounds like something from George R.R. Martin. 

2 minutes ago, zil said:

Arg.  That sounds like an insult to me. :(

Sorry, I just can't stand the man.  But I will say that he's an exceptional writer.  (I just think what he writes isn't worth reading - and yes, I know, not a popular opinion, even in the Church.)

12 hours ago, zil said:

Sorry, I just can't stand the man.  But I will say that he's an exceptional writer.  (I just think what he writes isn't worth reading - and yes, I know, not a popular opinion, even in the Church.)

I'll let you in on a little secret.  Don't tell anyone, except those who are able to find this on the internet. :)

I've never read a word he's written.  And I've never seen Game of Thrones.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:11 AM, zil said:

Essentially, this thread is a waste of everyone's time.  @star.bright is very angry about the fact that some people have committed unspeakably cruel acts, and God has not stopped them from doing so.  @star.bright hates these criminals (and perhaps God, not sure; perhaps just doesn't believe in God anymore).  @star.bright claims to want an explanation of why God would allow such evil to happen, but in the OP pre-rejected any possible answer, especially the truth, thus making the discussion pointless.

@star.bright has also attacked the character of a few of the respondents, and I don't buy the whole "English isn't my first language, you don't understand" claim.  Further, I'm pretty sure German uses paragraphs, and I wish @star.bright would, too.

Ok Zil, you got me smiling again.  

Happy to have you back.