Mexican Cop Busted For Role In Mormon Family’s Murder

Guest Gomezaddams51

I've heard some individuals and the media in the beginning think this was perhaps a case of mistaken identity.
I highly doubt it.
The link says:

“It’s common knowledge down here that the police work with the criminals,” Julián LeBarón, a relative of the victims, told The New York Times.

The Lebaron family have been defending themselves from the Mexican drug cartels for years.
There is a VICE video on this "The Mexican Mormon War", it has some choice language, so be warned, but explains this rivalry. 

Edited by NeedleinA

As a side note, the Church issued the following statement after this happened. It may help a little when the term "Mormon" is used.

5 November 2019 - Salt Lake City
Church Statement on Tragedy in Mexico

In response to the tragedy Monday in Mexico that took the lives of many members of the LeBaron family, Eric Hawkins, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, shared this statement with media:

We are heartbroken to hear of the tragedy that has touched these families in Mexico. Though it is our understanding that they are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, our love, prayers and sympathies are with them as they mourn and remember their loved ones.

20 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

I've heard some individuals and the media in the beginning think this was perhaps a case of mistaken identity.
I highly doubt it.
The link says:

The Lebaron family have been defending themselves from the Mexican drug cartels for years.
There is a VICE video on this "The Mexican Mormon War", it has some choice language, so be warned, but explains this rivalry. 

That same episode of VICE came to mind when I heard about all this.