Running out of space on the covenant land

GaleG

2 Nephi 1:8 says "And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet  
from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the  
land, that there would be no place for an inheritance".

Was the actual size of the land a contributing factor to a lack of knowledge of where
this land was that required God's (?) wisdom to keep it secret to prevent it from being  
overrun to the point where there wouldn't be enough space for an inheritance?

Thank you,

Gale

4 minutes ago, GaleG said:

2 Nephi 1:8 says "And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet  
from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the  
land, that there would be no place for an inheritance".

Was the actual size of the land a contributing factor to a lack of knowledge of where
this land was that required God's (?) wisdom to keep it secret to prevent it from being  
overrun to the point where there wouldn't be enough space for an inheritance?

Thank you,

Gale

I think it was more a matter of timing ("as yet") than space. The covenant people that were brought there needed a head-start rather than immediate resistance in order to establish a permanent settlement that would initiate a 1,000-year history, and most importantly a people that could receive the Resurrected Lord and His personal testimony 400 years on.

1 hour ago, theplains said:

Her question looks ordinary and non-attacking to me.   @CV75 provided a good explanation.

Jim

@theplains, the only stupid questions in this world are ones that the asker has no interest in the answers.  When a person habitually asks a question and then disappears, that's showing a lack of real interest, real questioning, or any sincerity.   And it's just a waste of time.

6 hours ago, theplains said:

Her question looks ordinary and non-attacking to me...

Jim

Question: @theplains, 'Jim', are you the actual person behind the @GaleG account?

We read in the CTR Primary Manual:

Explain that Jesus knew that if he said he was the Christ, the special Son of Heavenly Father, the leaders would not let him go...“And Jesus said, I am.” Point out that Jesus always told the truth...

Explain that Jesus wants us to tell the truth always, even when it is hard to do so.

On 1/3/2020 at 4:18 PM, CV75 said:

I think it was more a matter of timing ("as yet") than space. The covenant people that were brought there needed a head-start rather than immediate resistance in order to establish a permanent settlement that would initiate a 1,000-year history, and most importantly a people that could receive the Resurrected Lord and His personal testimony 400 years on.

I suppose you are speaking about the people who would collectively come under the
designation of Nephites (the believers) instead of the Lamanites (the unbelievers).

How small of a land area were the covenant people given that there was a concern of
there not being enough space for their inheritance when the many nations learned of
its location?

Thank you,

Gale

22 minutes ago, GaleG said:

I suppose you are speaking about the people who would collectively come under the
designation of Nephites (the believers) instead of the Lamanites (the unbelievers).

How small of a land area were the covenant people given that there was a concern of
there not being enough space for their inheritance when the many nations learned of
its location?

Thank you,

Gale

Question: @GaleG is your account actually authored by Jim, @theplains

Edited by NeedleinA

8 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

@theplains, the only stupid questions in this world are ones that the asker has no interest in the answers.  When a person habitually asks a question and then disappears, that's showing a lack of real interest, real questioning, or any sincerity.   And it's just a waste of time.

I wonder if there is another (much more common) type of stupid question:

Asking a question that one has taken no effort to ponder or ask oneself or the Lord, yet plow through with asking the question... expecting to be spoon fed any response at all.

Perhaps it isn't stupid.  But probably childish. Maybe lazy?

Edited by Mores

There are no stupid questions - only people - that are suppose to be part of an intelligence species - are stupid.  And sadly there are those that are very intelligent about some things but very stupid concerning other things.  But the saddest of all are those that have great difficulty in letting others know about anything that they are capable of approaching intelligently.   Among the very sad are those - who are mostly intelligent - that have mostly stupid in-laws.

The Traveler

18 hours ago, GaleG said:

its location?

Thank you,

Gale

I don’t think it was a matter of space but of timing. I believe the land of promise for the faithful Josephites (which includes the Lehite or Nephite-Lamanite designtions) is as large as necessary, as is the case for all the other faithful covenant people (2 Nephi 9:2; Jacob 5; 3 Nephi 16:1, 13). Note that there are certain promises made to the Gentiles as well, who are to be numbered with Israel as they receive and keep the covenants in faith. And the Jaredites were a covenant people, too and they will have an inheritance with Israel.