Garden Girl

Garden Girl

Here I am again... :o

The only thing is... someone else took my little bird avatar with the paintbrush and palette... oh well... I'm trying to figure out how to get a new one...

For those who don't know me from the MA&DB... I'm the Garden Girl from the beautiful central Oregon coast... widowed... 66 years old...

Grew up in Church... but fell head over heels for non-LDS man... eloped to Las Vegas... married 38 years when my dear hubby passed away suddenly from complications of surgery 9 yrs ago... very unexpected. During our marriage I had slipped into inactivity for over 30 years... reactivated 12 years ago, with testimony of Gospel stronger than ever. Hubby honored my faith and was supportive but would never join me in my faith...

Now I share my life with a pushy cat named Charlie... in my little cottage-by-the-sea in Gleneden Beach, OR. My home ward is Lincoln City... we have sooo many visitors during summer as Lincoln City is a wonderful place for family reunions, honeymoons, etc. etc. We have to open up the cultural hall and set up additional chairs every Sunday during summer. Our ward is truly special and has a special spirit that our visitors always mention... many come back again and again.

As my name implies, I love to garden and have created a beautiful English "cottage" style garden which keeps me busy. My Charlie-cat loves it when I work in the garden and he follows right along with me.

My second love is my artwork... mainly oil painting and pastel drawing... When my dh was alive, I had my own greeting card business with 7 shops along the coast carrying my cards, which featured my and hubby's photography of "Oregon Coast Scenes." When he died, I lost heart in continuing...

Now, I'm trying again but his time will feature my paintings and drawings...

Well, that's about it... so here I am and I look forward to these forums...

from the beach... The Garden Girl

The only thing is... someone else took my little bird avatar with the paintbrush and palette... oh well... I'm trying to figure out how to get a new one...

For those who don't know me from the MA&DB... I'm the Garden Girl from the beautiful central Oregon coast... widowed... 66 years old...

Grew up in Church... but fell head over heels for non-LDS man... eloped to Las Vegas... married 38 years when my dear hubby passed away suddenly from complications of surgery 9 yrs ago... very unexpected. During our marriage I had slipped into inactivity for over 30 years... reactivated 12 years ago, with testimony of Gospel stronger than ever. Hubby honored my faith and was supportive but would never join me in my faith...

Now I share my life with a pushy cat named Charlie... in my little cottage-by-the-sea in Gleneden Beach, OR. My home ward is Lincoln City... we have sooo many visitors during summer as Lincoln City is a wonderful place for family reunions, honeymoons, etc. etc. We have to open up the cultural hall and set up additional chairs every Sunday during summer. Our ward is truly special and has a special spirit that our visitors always mention... many come back again and again.

As my name implies, I love to garden and have created a beautiful English "cottage" style garden which keeps me busy. My Charlie-cat loves it when I work in the garden and he follows right along with me.

My second love is my artwork... mainly oil painting and pastel drawing... When my dh was alive, I had my own greeting card business with 7 shops along the coast carrying my cards, which featured my and hubby's photography of "Oregon Coast Scenes." When he died, I lost heart in continuing...

And the UMWs slowly take control...... ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah......stop making nice. It won't do any good: everybody knows your reputation, GG. ;)

Queen Bee of the UMW's, leader of the Danite Women's Auxiliary, confirmed mass murderer of pesky weeds and insects....... :P

Boy...I'm gonna get it at the next Conference. Where'd I put my plate mail?

I am willing to share it!! But I like your flower that you found, too!! Welcome aboard!!! I too, am an artist!!!

Hey Garden Girl, it's Kate!

Wow, Glad to see you! I just found this forum! I could tell you were a wonderful person ...now I find out that you are living in a cottage-by-the-sea, the life I tell people I would have if I wound up on my own....and my passion is oil painting...go figure! I am happy to hear that you are trying again at your card business...that's wonderful! I am so sad that you lost your husband. My mother's husband just passed away Friday morning unexpectedly from an aortic anuerism (sp?). She feels so lost....I am trying to help her the best I can, but it is so hard on her.

Do you have a website with your cards? Take care! ~Kate

Hello Kate...

Welcome to you... from one artist to another.. and I note Yediyd is also an artist... and there's a couple of others that I know of... Bluebell if I'm not mistaken.

I am just getting some ideas together for my cards. I've made 3 drawings out of 4 of cat cards I'd like to do and offer as a boxed set. Eventually I hope to offer them online... that seems the way to go. My favorite subjects are landscape/seascape... I paint big... usually 2'x3' minimum. Once in a while I'll do a small painting.

Is your mom LDS? We have such a positive outlook on death that it really does help us pull ourselves together. But no matter what, there's always grief and we have to move through it. I used to sit in the middle of the living room floor and cry.

Yes, I love the sea... and my Charlie-cat and I share a cottage... and the garden...

There are several motels overlooking the beach... one run by LDS is the Sand Castle, right on the beach. The Ester Lee is very reasonable with fireplaces in the rooms. Looks right out onto the ocean. The D-River is also right on the beach and within walking distance of restaurants, etc. Lots of others also... probably listed online for Lincoln City hotels/motels.

GG

There are several motels overlooking the beach... one run by LDS is the Sand Castle, right on the beach. The Ester Lee is very reasonable with fireplaces in the rooms. Looks right out onto the ocean. The D-River is also right on the beach and within walking distance of restaurants, etc. Lots of others also... probably listed online for Lincoln City hotels/motels.

GG

That sounds wonderful. It is my dream to go on a mini vacation with Mr. MorningStar for our anniversary, but when it rolls around, we just can't afford it. I would love to come down there and enjoy the beach!

The Sand Castle Motel is right on the beach... LDS owned

Rate: October $55 during week; $65 weekend. This is for 2nd flr, queen, with fireplace and balcony.

The Ester Lee is beachfront (steps down to the beach)

Rate: October $53 + tax = $58 during week; $85 + tax = $92.65 weekend. Incl fireplace, small refrig, micro...

Others are comparable; still others are much higher...