Another "Church Culture Stinks" Article

Fether

On 1/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, MormonGator said:
On 1/8/2020 at 11:40 AM, NeuroTypical said:

and probably their parents were related before the wedding.  

Like those idiots from South Carolina? Haw haw haw. 

You must have some ugly cousins.

Edited by mordorbund

On 1/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, MormonGator said:

Agree. Time tends to change the culture, no matter who complains about it. Sometimes it's best to adapt instead of whining about what has changed. 

I will continue to state that I do not like the Windows 10 operating system.  I'm still running with Windows 7 and Linux Mint version 18 and I will do everything in my power to not load Windows 10 onto my desktop computers.  😁

1 minute ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

I will continue to state that I do not like the Windows 10 operating system.  I'm still running with Windows 7 and Linux Mint version 18 and I will do everything in my power to not load Windows 10 onto my desktop computers.  😁

In the past, I haven't been shy about criticizing Microsoft or its products when I thought it was appropriate. But IMO, Windows 10 is a great OS. Unless your desktop is more than five years old, I think you'll find it as good as or better than Windows 7, which was itself a really good OS, for its time the best MS had put out to that point.

Just now, Vort said:

In the past, I haven't been shy about criticizing Microsoft or its products when I thought it was appropriate. But IMO, Windows 10 is a great OS. Unless your desktop is more than five years old, I think you'll find it as good as or better than Windows 7, which was itself a really good OS, for its time the best MS had put out to that point.

If you do not mind Microsoft harvesting most of the information on your computer (selling the information to third parties) and forcing software updates into your operating system then Windows 10 is not bad.  I use it at work but I do not like it.

35 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

If you do not mind Microsoft harvesting most of the information on your computer (selling the information to third parties) and forcing software updates into your operating system then Windows 10 is not bad.  I use it at work but I do not like it.

You can disable that stuff (said the woman still using Windows 7, who used Windows 10 at work and hated it).  Here's the only link I can find at the moment with details on what and how to disable all the junk:

https://slate.com/technology/2015/08/windows-10-privacy-problems-heres-how-bad-they-are-and-how-to-plug-them.html

Just now, zil said:

You can disable that stuff (said the woman still using Windows 7, who used Windows 10 at work and hated it).  Here's the only link I can find at the moment with details on what and how to disable all the junk:

https://slate.com/technology/2015/08/windows-10-privacy-problems-heres-how-bad-they-are-and-how-to-plug-them.html

Only way I have found to shut off most of the data mining is using third party software.  You shut it off but the Windows 10 operating system is still giving out a lot of data from my research and when Windows 10 forces software updates many times it will just change the settings in your operating system again to what Microsoft wants.  Use Spybot Anti-Beacon if you really want to shut off most of the data mining.  

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, Grunt said:

Or baptisms will increase dramatically.

I'm not optimistic. If they weren't baptized in California or Kansas, what makes you think they'll be baptized in Utah? It's not like they are coming from places that have never heard of the Gospel. 

Edited by MormonGator