Unexplained Fatigue Leads to Hating Sundays? Anyone Else?

I found this forum while searching for an answer to my own problem, so naturally I'm going to be selfish and immediately post my own question.  I'm hoping that someone else has experienced this problem and can provide an explanation.  I cannot believe that I'm totally unique with this problem.  I hate Sundays because either I become so overwhelmed with fatigue while attending Sacrament (the first meeting) that I fall asleep and end up feeling lousy.  Usually I can't even make it to the second meeting.  I then end up feeling lousy the rest of the day.  Often, I don't even make it to church because I start feeling the fatigue even before leaving the house.  I do have an unexplained energy problem, but it is the most apparent in church attendance.  I've seen countless MDs, psychiatrists and psychologists.  So far no explanation.  I love the gospel.  I do live it in all other areas.  And I have a tremendous non-judgmental wife that is only concerned about my welfare.  Any suggestions?  I consider myself very fortunate in so many areas of my life.  However, naturally this is a problem.  

I don't think you are the only one.  I find myself extremely tired on Sundays.  I think we go go go go go so much during the week that Sundays allow us that time to slow down.  I think my body says...you've had enough this week.  You're tired.  :)  

4 hours ago, Mark Failing in Attendance said:

I hate Sundays because either I become so overwhelmed with fatigue while attending Sacrament (the first meeting) that I fall asleep and end up feeling lousy.

Somehow, I don't think feeling sleepy while the world's most accurate Ben Stein impersonators recite articles you've already read indicates any problem with you.

2 hours ago, NightSG said:

Somehow, I don't think feeling sleepy while the world's most accurate Ben Stein impersonators recite articles you've already read indicates any problem with you.

Once again the expected negativity.  It gets really old.

Guest MormonGator
7 hours ago, Mark Failing in Attendance said:

I'm going to be selfish and immediately post my own question.

Nothing selfish about that at all my friend. I admire you for your commitment. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are entitled to feeling this way. Life can be exhausting sometimes. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist, but do you think it could have to do with your diet? Also, you didn't mention your age. If you did, I missed it. If you feel this way and you are under 50, it could be a medical problem. Whatever it is, I hope you feel better. 

Edited by MormonGator

Have you tried partaking or more vitamin Bs for energy? Or perhaps just try to drink a ‘Bang’ or Redbull prior to each meeting? I hate energy drinks but if they help you stay awake and energized for church, try it out! Or perhaps you could try more fatty meals and less carbs, that helps me with longer lasting energy. Maybe it is a diet issue?

Another question, Does church seem boring to you? That could be adding to the fatigue.

23 hours ago, Mark Failing in Attendance said:

I found this forum while searching for an answer to my own problem, so naturally I'm going to be selfish and immediately post my own question.  I'm hoping that someone else has experienced this problem and can provide an explanation.  I cannot believe that I'm totally unique with this problem.  I hate Sundays because either I become so overwhelmed with fatigue while attending Sacrament (the first meeting) that I fall asleep and end up feeling lousy.  Usually I can't even make it to the second meeting.  I then end up feeling lousy the rest of the day.  Often, I don't even make it to church because I start feeling the fatigue even before leaving the house.  I do have an unexplained energy problem, but it is the most apparent in church attendance.  I've seen countless MDs, psychiatrists and psychologists.  So far no explanation.  I love the gospel.  I do live it in all other areas.  And I have a tremendous non-judgmental wife that is only concerned about my welfare.  Any suggestions?  I consider myself very fortunate in so many areas of my life.  However, naturally this is a problem.  

I get this way when I'm in that S.A.D. phase.  I don't know if this is the same problem with your fatigue.  I don't just experience it on Sacrament Meeting though.  I experience it every single day.  So, I think the issue with it coming up on Sacrament Meeting is that it has become a trigger.  I'm thinking, the best way to deal with it (in addition to dealing with the bigger issue of energy drain) is to remove the trigger - try spending the 12 hours before Church sleeping, relaxing, walking (maximize sunlight and negative ions absorption).  Then eat a bowl of oatmeal with bananas and an egg and drink as much water as you can handle.  Avoid sugary anything (donuts, sugar cereals, pop tarts, store-bought fruit juice, etc).  Get dressed and go to Church with a mindset that this is gonna be the day that you're going to put a smile on your face and focus for 2 hours.

Let us know how it goes whatever you decide to do.

20 hours ago, NightSG said:

Ben Stein or Joe Bramblett's endless bitterness?
Ben Stein all day.