Yeah, I'm Here, Too.

Marmonboy

Yet another wanderer from the MA&D board--for those who don't know me (which is pretty much all y'all) I am a lifelong member, haven't always been active, but I am now. Married, age 53, went to Brazil on a mission. Graduated from BYU with a degree in archaeology. Live in Sevier County, UT, where I moved after the last 13 years in west TX/southern NM.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Yet another wanderer from the MA&D board--for those who don't know me (which is pretty much all y'all) I am a lifelong member, haven't always been active, but I am now. Married, age 53, went to Brazil on a mission. Graduated from BYU with a degree in archaeology. Live in Sevier County, UT, where I moved after the last 13 years in west TX/southern NM.

I am looking forward to getting to know ya, Mormonboy!! I am a convert...been Lds for a little over three years. Been active all three years, so far (knock on wood) :P

Believe it or not, I actually work as an archaeologist. I'm a humble mid level field manager sort of guy, which means I get all the crap handed to me, and then I get to pass it on to whatever few subordinates I may have at the moment. Oh, well, it beats real work.

I can sympathize with your brother--I too have done a variety of things which had nothing to do with my major, just to stay alive.

Believe it or not, I actually work as an archaeologist. I'm a humble mid level field manager sort of guy, which means I get all the crap handed to me, and then I get to pass it on to whatever few subordinates I may have at the moment. Oh, well, it beats real work.

I can sympathize with your brother--I too have done a variety of things which had nothing to do with my major, just to stay alive.

What is one supposed to do with political science anyway? I asked him if he was going to run for office and he said, "Politics - feh." :lol: I think he makes a good cop though. After he came back from Iraq, Microsoft just wasn't doing it for him anymore.

That's cool that you're an archaeologist!

My fantasy was to go on a "dig" with special research projects through an organization I belonged to called EarthWatch (not radical, just serious science...at least last time I belonged in 1990). They had projects all over the world, each with a Principal Investigator heading up the action. I would be one of the subordinates people like you would assign the grunge work... but I wouldn't care..my friend went several years in a row with a project that was tracking urangatangs(sp.) in Borneo. That's how I got interested... but I preferred the "dig" type projects... or marine biology.

What type of projects do you work on?

from the beach... The Garden Girl

Most of the projects are related with oil and gas exploration. I have just done surveys for the last few years--not "land surveying", but wandering around in some out of the way place looking for "stuff". I haven't done a "dig" (we prefer "excavation") since 2000. Sometimes we find cool stuff, or see neat sights, but a lot of it is hard, boring, hot, tiring work.

Most of the projects are related with oil and gas exploration. I have just done surveys for the last few years--not "land surveying", but wandering around in some out of the way place looking for "stuff". I haven't done a "dig" (we prefer "excavation") since 2000. Sometimes we find cool stuff, or see neat sights, but a lot of it is hard, boring, hot, tiring work.

As are most types of work.

Larry P

Some story! Hey marmon boy, if you spent that much time in texas and N.M. are you a "Lobo"fan?

And if yer a "longhorn" then i dont even want to talk to you! {just kiddin}

anyway welcome aboard and to the board. :P