Iran "unintentionally" shoots down a plane

Fether

Guest MormonGator

America shot down an Iranian passenger jet during the Gulf War. :: ahem :: "Russia" shot down MH17 a few years ago. The Soviets shot down KAL 007 during the 80's.These things happen on occasion, but Iran has blood on their hands. These were innocent people. 

Oopsies happen with humans.  The most likely explanation is that this was an oopsie.   Some freaked out Iranian AA team got some bad intel or made a bad decision, and acted to defend the homeland.  Oopsie.

My WWII vet dad told a story about the first time he was shelled in Belgium.  It was by the Americans - a combination of an artillery spotter who didn't know how to relay coordinates, and a mortar team who didn't know how to be careful when precision firing close to friendly troops.  

15 hours ago, Vort said:

I'm sure it was unintentional. What could Iran possibly gain by wasting one of their expensive ground-to-air missiles shooting down a domestic jumbo jet?

I tend to take the default position that... when it comes to these things, an oopsie is less likely than somebody in that airplane have something somebody doesn't want to get to its destination.  You can call it "Arkancide" if you like.  The event happening when a lot of chaos is going on is more of a convenient cover than a coincidence.

But that's just my totally un-supported opinion.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 4:25 PM, Vort said:

I'm sure it was unintentional. What could Iran possibly gain by wasting one of their expensive ground-to-air missiles shooting down a domestic jumbo jet?

It was unintentional.  The scandal, and the reason for the protests in Iran was the cover up and lying.