Better Late Than Never

TJane

I, too, am the latest in the move-over, not that I'll stop on 'the other board' (tee hee, now I can say that!). I'm getting a lot of practice moving 'cause I'm spending August moving from an BIG apartment in a two family house to a tiny one family house (still renting though :( )

Let's see, what to tell about me? Hmmm. Quick, before my girls wake up. I live in New Jersey, USA. I have 3 kids - 18yo son who is in his first year at college out in Oklahoma, and an almost 13yo daughter and a 10yo daughter as well. My husband works 'out-of-state' during the week and is home on the weekends, so I don't post much on Saturdays and Sundays, 'cause I use his computer to post. ;) I was a computer programmer analyst for 20 years but got laid off 3 years ago and went back to school to get a teaching certificate. I'm currently looking for a job - probably will end up in a daycare/preschool but that's not where I want to end up forever - I prefer 2nd-3rd grade kids. For fun I read, chat on the internet, belly dance, run wenchly through Renaissance Faires, and write filk* when the inspiration hits. Oh, and I turned 50 this summer!!!

Churchwise, I'm a born-and-bred LDS, pioneer stock, married in the temple. My husband converted from Catholic to LDS about 6 months before I met him. He went inactive about 3 years ago (yep, about the time I got laid off) so I'm a 'single mom' at church. I'm in a tiny branch here and am the American Sign Language interpreter for the few deaf members that come - mostly the 9yo girl in Primary. I'm hoping the deaf adults come back in October like they promised 'cause I miss Sunday School and RS/EQ.

Other than that, I guess I should keep my mouth shut. You'll get to see the rest of my personality when I figure out how to get my gypsy dancer avatar over here on this board.

Glad to see so many friends here! Looking forward to contributing when I can add to the conversations.

Jane

(the "T" stands for "Temptress" - my Ren name)

*filk - writing parody/silly lyrics to already published songs

I, too, am the latest in the move-over, not that I'll stop on 'the other board' (tee hee, now I can say that!). I'm getting a lot of practice moving 'cause I'm spending August moving from an BIG apartment in a two family house to a tiny one family house (still renting though :( )

Let's see, what to tell about me? Hmmm. Quick, before my girls wake up. I live in New Jersey, USA. I have 3 kids - 18yo son who is in his first year at college out in Oklahoma, and an almost 13yo daughter and a 10yo daughter as well. My husband works 'out-of-state' during the week and is home on the weekends, so I don't post much on Saturdays and Sundays, 'cause I use his computer to post. ;) I was a computer programmer analyst for 20 years but got laid off 3 years ago and went back to school to get a teaching certificate. I'm currently looking for a job - probably will end up in a daycare/preschool but that's not where I want to end up forever - I prefer 2nd-3rd grade kids. For fun I read, chat on the internet, belly dance, run wenchly through Renaissance Faires, and write filk* when the inspiration hits. Oh, and I turned 50 this summer!!!

Churchwise, I'm a born-and-bred LDS, pioneer stock, married in the temple. My husband converted from Catholic to LDS about 6 months before I met him. He went inactive about 3 years ago (yep, about the time I got laid off) so I'm a 'single mom' at church. I'm in a tiny branch here and am the American Sign Language interpreter for the few deaf members that come - mostly the 9yo girl in Primary. I'm hoping the deaf adults come back in October like they promised 'cause I miss Sunday School and RS/EQ.

Other than that, I guess I should keep my mouth shut. You'll get to see the rest of my personality when I figure out how to get my gypsy dancer avatar over here on this board.

Glad to see so many friends here! Looking forward to contributing when I can add to the conversations.

Jane

(the "T" stands for "Temptress" - my Ren name)

*filk - writing parody/silly lyrics to already published songs

Hmmmm......haven't I seen you somewhere before?

There's something about her face....

Professor Henry "Selek" Higgins

And here's a welcome... better late than never... really am glad you're here. Looks like a lot of friends have made it...

from the beach... The Garden Girl

There must have been 400+ people/children at church today... the last big weekend before school starts in earnest... yesterday and today have been sunny and glorious. Delights me no end because coast weather is unpredictable, so when our visitors take the time, money and effort to come here I love it when it's beautiful. They will take wonderful memories home with them.