Revelation- How does it REALLY work?

carlimac

3 hours ago, e v e said:

i don’t know what those articles are... but certainly i’d not ever presume to interfere with another’s beliefs!! :)

The Articles of Faith are the super-reader's digest version of LDS Christian beliefs.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng

Guest LiterateParakeet
On 2/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, askandanswer said:

Revelation - how does it really work? Its personal, so the answer, to some extent, depends on how you work. 

This really is the best answer isn't it?  Because as I talk to other people about their revelation, and ponder my own, often the revelation is unique to the individual.  Which I think is cool, because it shows that the Lord knows each of us individually and the best way to teach us.  

On 2/14/2020 at 5:49 AM, LiterateParakeet said:

This really is the best answer isn't it?  Because as I talk to other people about their revelation, and ponder my own, often the revelation is unique to the individual.  Which I think is cool, because it shows that the Lord knows each of us individually and the best way to teach us.  

Yeah, I get leery of the "my Holy Spirit is better than your Holy Spirit" argument when two people contradict each other with both invoking revelation as their reason for believing what they believe.  I mean, I have a devout Catholic family who live their lives according to the promptings of the Holy Spirit.  Who am I to tell them they're headed down the wrong path?