carlimac

Revelation- How does it REALLY work?

3 hours ago, e v e said:

i dont know what those articles are... but certainly id not ever presume to interfere with anothers beliefs!! :)

The Articles of Faith are the super-reader's digest version of LDS Christian beliefs.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng

On 2/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, askandanswer said:

Revelation - how does it really work? Its personal, so the answer, to some extent, depends on how you work.

This really is the best answer isn't it? Because as I talk to other people about their revelation, and ponder my own, often the revelation is unique to the individual. Which I think is cool, because it shows that the Lord knows each of us individually and the best way to teach us.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:49 AM, LiterateParakeet said:

This really is the best answer isn't it? Because as I talk to other people about their revelation, and ponder my own, often the revelation is unique to the individual. Which I think is cool, because it shows that the Lord knows each of us individually and the best way to teach us.

Yeah, I get leeryof the "my Holy Spirit is better than your Holy Spirit" argumentwhen two people contradict each otherwithboth invoking revelation as their reason for believing what they believe. I mean, I have a devout Catholic family who live their lives according to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Who am I to tell them they're headed down the wrong path?