BOM Study Guide for Non-Mormon

ctr2961

29 minutes ago, ctr2961 said:

Can any one recommend a Book of Mormon Study guide for a Non-Mormon?  The more secular the best.  Just want the basic ideas about the parables, not tons of testimonies.

I saw "2 Hour Book of Mormon: A Book of Mormon Primer" on Amazon.

This is my go-to reference. It’s not a “study guide” per se, as it contains alphabetized entries on a number of Book of Mormon people, places, books, and concepts.  But I’ve found it to be very useful.  (Apparently it just barely came out in paperback; the hard cover edition has been out for a few years now.)

Guest LiterateParakeet

A secular study guide of scripture?  Would you like some dry water to go with that? 

My suggestion is just read The Book of Mormon...go directly to the source. The message is spiritual, not secular, and your best teacher is the Holy Ghost.

3 hours ago, ctr2961 said:

Can any one recommend a Book of Mormon Study guide for a Non-Mormon?  The more secular the best.  Just want the basic ideas about the parables, not tons of testimonies.

A professor at BYU has a great Book of Mormon Study Guide -- Largey is the author: https://deseretbook.com/p/book-mormon-reference-companion-dennis-largey-41986?variant_id=61360-hardcover

@Just_A_Guy seems to have provided the same link.

Edited by Anddenex

3 hours ago, ctr2961 said:

The best Book of Mormon study guide is the Book of Mormon. Nothing else can replace it, and with it, you don't really need anything else.

Just read the Book of Mormon. Start at page 1 and read sequentially through to the end. It's really that simple, and there really is no other way to gain that knowledge.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, ctr2961 said:

I tried that one on my mission. I figured that as long as she was reading the book, it didn't matter, right?

Turns out that the things of God are foolishness to man.