For those of you not watching the Super Bowl....

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Fether said:

Trying not to throw my child through a wall. We are all sick here and low on patience.

I'm sorry bro. I'll say a special prayer for you and your family tonight. Stay strong my brother....

My daughter said she felt sorry for the San Francisco 49er team that lost as the players were sad.  I said that I do not feel sorry for them.  Those players make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and they are the number two team in the National Football League.

My plan for the night was to listen to the radio.

"The Classics with Steve Downes" and "Sammy Hagar's Top Rock Countdown" live-streamed via KUQQ in Iowa, followed by the last 45 minutes of "Monsters Of Rock Radio with Harlan" and "Hard Drive with Lou Brutus" via local station KLFX. If the stream was working, I'd finish it off with "The House Of Hair With Dee Snider" on KPKY Idaho. 

Instead?

About half an hour into "The Classics" my mom's cat started choking on something. I had to force his mouth open so that we could pull it out (his collar had gotten caught in his mouth), and once it was out he chomped down hard on my thumb because of how panicked he still was.

So I've been spending much of the night treating my thumb.

56 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

My daughter said she felt sorry for the San Francisco 49er team that lost as the players were sad.  I said that I do not feel sorry for them.  Those players make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and they are the number two team in the National Football League.

It's always a good day when the 49ers lose. 

Our family actually read about the Great and Abominable Church just before the game started. And then we got to watch one of the GAAC sacraments during halftime show. 

1 Nephi 13

6 And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil that he was the founder of it.
7 And I also saw gold, and silver, and silks, and scarlets, and fine-twined linen, and all manner of precious clothing; and I saw many harlots.
8 And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the gold, and the silver, and the silks, and the scarlets, and the fine-twined linen, and the precious clothing, and the harlots, are the desires of this great and abominable church.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/super-bowl/article239911648.html

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Missionaries left at 1900, I was in bed by 2000

Is it hard to use civilian time when dealing with people who aren't in the military? What about other military terminology? Not an insult, honest question. 

31 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Is it hard to use civilian time when dealing with people who aren't in the military? What about other military terminology? Not an insult, honest question. 

It is probably habit.  We use what is called ten code for radio traffic.  I use it all the time in my personal life and have just told people if I start talking in numbers to tell me, or if I use lingo they do not understand to say so.  It just becomes ingrained and sometimes I have a hard time "translating" some of that back to normal English.