The trinity = the family

e v e

2 hours ago, e v e said:

I don't you don't like those themes I posted...

I do have a question. What does the third hour represent to LDS ?  Being the title of the forums ?

The name "Third Hour"?

It's kind of an inside joke.  Church every Sunday for LDS Christians was three hours long for decades.  They recently shortened it to two hours, so we named the forum "Third Hour" for our extra social / study time.  

10 hours ago, e v e said:

I don’t know if there is. How long were you in Ecuador? I was in Venezuela for two years in 1979-80. 

I was only in Ecuador for about a year and a half.  From January of 2001 to August of 2002.  It was a life changing experience for me.... the South American culture is awesome!  I didn't learn much Spanish though because I was always teaching English and practicing English with friends and family.  

9 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

The name "Third Hour"?

It's kind of an inside joke.  Church every Sunday for LDS Christians was three hours long for decades.  They recently shortened it to two hours, so we named the forum "Third Hour" for our extra social / study time.  

This forum... in my opinion... is a massive open door and shows a very "Philadelphian Era" mentality on your part.

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

10 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

The name "Third Hour"?

Okay. :)

Note: 

i was given a link (as if it were similar to what i posted which it is Not.) The site was to some lds branch, luckily I forgot the name already. Im not familiar with lds denominations. But the site was run by a woman and related to the idea of female angels and Holy spirit. I looked. I found the site polluted , confused, and referring to pagan goddesses. Horrible and deluded. That’s the type of site that causes the whole topic to be avoided. Horrible. No I won’t give the link. 

Edited by e v e

2 hours ago, DennisTate said:

I was only in Ecuador for about a year and a half.  From January of 2001 to August of 2002.  It was a life changing experience for me.... the South American culture is awesome!  I didn't learn much Spanish though because I was always teaching English and practicing English with friends and family.  

I was shocked by the poor things living in cardboard boxes.:(

11 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

Yes..... so was I.

Such a shame in a nation with such great natural resources and potential. 

All nations on this earth are but earthly kingdoms run by the mindset of this world.  Zion (tsiun) is not on this earth. Israël is not a country on this earth. There is no future for this earth. Prophets write it will be destroyed, sky and land. The precious to Him is His souls. He hurts when we do not obey and follow Him. 

Edited by e v e

9 minutes ago, e v e said:

All nations on this earth are but earthly kingdoms run by the mindset of this world.  Zion (tsiun) is not on this earth. Israël is not a country on this earth. There is no future for this earth. Prophets write it will be destroyed, sky and land. The precious to Him is His souls. He hurts when we do not obey and follow Him. 

I am on a very different page myself and think that the next two centuries will show miraculous improvements in so many ways.

What near death experiencer and former skeptic Howard Storm was shown seems to fit very well with the predictions in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets as well as with what I have read in the Book of Mormon.

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/howard-storm.html#a04

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

10 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

I am on a very different page myself and think that the next two centuries will show miraculous improvements in so many ways.

What near death experiencer and former skeptic Howard Storm was shown seems to fit very well with the predictions in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets as well as with what I have read in the Book of Mormon.

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/howard-storm.html#a04

Isaiah is talking about: events going on in the other world, since the fall and right now, with rev and end times. Literal events. Genesis is also literal and happened in the other world but often since there are lacuna, marked as symbolic only. A register and overlay but not the main point, is the 500ad context but that’s less important. 

Edited by e v e

1 hour ago, e v e said:

Isaiah is talking about: events going on in the other world, since the fall and right now, with rev and end times. Literal events. Genesis is also literal and happened in the other world but often since there are lacuna, marked as symbolic only. A register and overlay but not the main point, is the 500ad context but that’s less important. 

That is interesting..... but I really do think that amazing things are happening here in four dimensional space - time right now.  I think that Isaiah 45 is happening very powerfully.  

21 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

That is interesting..... but I really do think that amazing things are happening here in four dimensional space - time right now.  I think that Isaiah 45 is happening very powerfully.  

well isaiah was talking about going home...now. the attributes of God will be freed from this dungeon prison earth. we are going Home. 

Edited by e v e

9 minutes ago, e v e said:

well isaiah was talking about going home...now. the attributes of God will be freed from this dungeon prison earth. we are going Home. 

Or.... is home / heaven being brought down to this earth?

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

1 hour ago, e v e said:

That quote doesn’t say specifically where. I’d need to see the whole section. 

This may help?

This idea sure seems to correspond with what I read in the book Gospel Principles.

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/george-ritchie.html#a05e

e. His Observations of the Temple of Wisdom

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's Temple of Wisdom and Heavenly City Experience: They then travel to a completely different realm where some kind of enormous university is located. Spirits dressed as monks busily and happily engaged in some form of artistic behavior or research. An enormous library exists here where all the important books of the universe are assembled. Ritchie asks Jesus if this is heaven. These are the spirits of people who grew beyond selfish desires while on Earth; but, like the spirits in hell, these spirits cannot see Jesus either.

f. His Vision of the Heavenly City

Ritchie is then taken into outer space toward a distant city made of brilliant light - similar in description to the heavenly city in the Book of Revelation (see also Revelation 21:10-27.) This is the place where people go who have become like Jesus while on Earth - a place where love is the dominant focus of life. This is heaven he realizes; but he is not allowed to enter it. Instead, Jesus shows him the future of Earth and is told to return to his physical body. At this point, Ritchie is revived from death.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, e v e said:

This is a vedic version, as such, I've added my own comments, which may not make sense until I talk about the egyptian and Greek version and also the sumerian version.

The story has a meaning in scriptural context and also in other contexts but here I am not yet going into that. I will start with it here. Keeping in mind that this story predates Hinduism and would have happened in the other world, not this material earth.

There is a story in mahabharata, a vedic text. about how a deity, tricked eve (called pritha) to succumb to him. She of course remained a maiden. For some reason, she was left alone, far from her own family, to tend to this lord, and the lord had company. This company was a sun god, and he brought pritha a gift, a magic spell. If she used the spell she could summon some power (paraphrasing.) She was curious and but a girl and looked at the spell.... then, the same god returned, and told her now if she did not give a gift, that would be rude... and that, what he wanted was a son. she complained that her family would be upset, that was not done...and that, she needed to stay a maiden so she could marry...but the god assured her that not to worry, he would not blemish her and that she could still have a son. pritha was very confused, from being spelled by the gift previous, and so she agreed, and the god pierced her tummy with a ray. and then she hid from the family the son. the god, wanted a son from her, to steal from her the nature of her realm, eden, how I understood it, based on what happens next. she has the son and to hide him , sends him down the river in a basket of reeds, just as moses, and a family finds him. the boy grows to be a god, stronger than ALL the other gods, having the nature of the realm of the girl, not the foreign realm that tries to get a child from her. He grows and he is a brave youth, able to accomplish anything at all... a messenger of the gods come to him, because the gods, want his 'body', being his chestplate and his being, which they are most covetous of. The youth wanted to please the gods, having been separated all his life from his mother, and knowing only that realm and peoples who were foreign to his mother. He had no idea of his lineage being of Eden. He is concerned because if he gives his body to the messenger to give to agni (Lucifer) he will die, and have no covering and be left a helpless wretch... but, he decides to give up his body on the promise he will receive a replacement body. This happens, and the gods obtain the powers they wanted all along, by making the girl have the child such to later turn him to their purpose. This also reminds of the story of joseph working in Egypt... thus the youth is given a different body than his original one. So he betrays his own nature, but in the vedic version they downplay anything negative, because it serves the gods to obtain what they obtained by the youth, regardless of how this was done.  The story of course is untrustworthy to the extent that the is meaning is twisted to the vedic point of view , of that pantheon who benefitted from the theft of the original body of that youth, who while after was still godlike, was not of the powers of before, or had even realized who he was or what his situation was.

I'm not sure what this story is supposed represent. There is no creation or fall that affects all mankind in it. Some woman u claim represents Eve has a child and that child is the point of the story. So, in relation to anything we're discussing, it is nonsense. Can u help me see the point of the story in relation the trinity? Or how Eve relates to that family, the trinity? Or how any of this makes what Adam did, bad.

Edited by brotherofJared

On 2/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, e v e said:

sumerian version

Note that there are many other topics where parallels exist, but I am only focusing on the stories related to the fall, and the loss of the body. In this version, the sumerian god marduk attacks eden and steals the eden nature. Eden in those texts is referred to as tiamat. The texts tell that another God (of scripture) appeared in their midst, being viewed as a threat. marduk had been creating beings, but they were not that smart and not very pretty, more apelike. Those of marduk's realm were very afraid of eden, because, eden having a very high refresh rate not the slow gravity of matter (resulting in virtually no sense of time as we know it in terms of deterioration and death), was utterly lethal to them, just as would be lethal to use to have a monoxide atmosphere. However, afraid, they wanted those same powers, and asked marduk, "please give us bodies as those two", referring to the bodies of adam and eve, that were so powerful.  Marduk using a type of spear (a dimensional change of axis),  pierced tiamat, tand hus separating the atmosphere (male attribute) from the land (female).

Actually correction, the other God in their midst was related to marduk some how, who marduk (satan, lucifer) had a different idea of how to proceed, and rebelled. It's been a while since I read that and I forgot.

The only thing that makes sense about this rendition of the Marduk story is the separation of water from water which, if we're going to find parallels puts Marduk well before Adam and Eve.

There are parallels but I dont see the ones u do.

These are all, so far, rip-offs of a previous epic. I believe they were made by men who didn't understand the original epic and formed the stories around their own political agendas, much like the early Christian, post-apostolic, church did with the original epic they received. Therefore these stories only make sense as shadows of the reality IF we know the reality of what actually took place. 

On 2/14/2020 at 5:38 PM, e v e said:

I can tell greek and egyptian versions, and also rg-veda etc.. In every version, the originals of eden are captured in some way, to produce a different reality, using eden as its source to vampire from. I typed a bit so I will stop there for now.  All of this is in cliff note, so there is much left out.

I dont see any of that. But my question was, how is what Adam did bad? What evil.has come from it? What demise that is irreversible come from it? What do u suppose would happen if Adam didn't fall? 

Remember, U said that what Adam did was bad. Please remember that when he fell the damage was already done. 

On 2/14/2020 at 5:38 PM, e v e said:

I can tell greek and egyptian versions, and also rg-veda etc.. In every version, the originals of eden are captured in some way, to produce a different reality, using eden as its source to vampire from. I typed a bit so I will stop there for now.  All of this is in cliff note, so there is much left out.

I dont see any of that. But my question was, how is what Adam did bad? What evil.has come from it? What demise that is irreversible come from it? What do u suppose would happen if Adam didn't fall? 

Remember, U said that what Adam did was bad. Please remember that when he fell the damage was already done. 

On 2/14/2020 at 5:44 PM, e v e said:

Some take these things to say well "the traditions all share the same events", and interpret them differently as I  do of course. But I have valid reason to interpret these negatively, given that the event is accomplished as a conquest, by force and deception, in those texts. It just depends on which side of the conquest the text is telling, for God, such as scripture, or against God, such as these texts where other gods vie for power and to steal from God.

That is not the question. There was no force, deception, yes but no force - same as it is today, no force but plenty of deception.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, e v e said:

In all the versions, the watchers (fallen angels) invade eden to  steal attributes from Him

None of the versions u offered even remotely make this suggestion. Watchers are not even defined as fallen Angel's (they were, but not in the way that the world imagines that they were. They were humans, not much different than u or me. Are we not all fallen?

They did not invade Eden. Watchers didnt appear until AFTER the fall. Nothing was stolen. Instead, attributes of Eden were given, gifts that every person has some attribute of, some of faith (Eve's nature), some knowledge, some of healing, some.of tongues, some of the interpretations of tongues, all gifts of the spirit, all attributes of Eden.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, e v e said:

I don't you don't like those themes I posted...

I do have a question. What does the third hour represent to LDS ?  Being the title of the forums ?

It's sponsored by some members of our church but has no more affiliation with the church than that. It is the opinions of a few members.and anyone else.who wants to offer one.