50-year-old assaulted over birthday hat

Ironhold

https://www.wsmv.com/news/woman-punches-man-in-broadway-bar-over-maga-style-birthday/article_e2ac313a-4d53-11ea-84b4-0b82e9d6d71a.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

A woman got her husband a parody hat for his birthday, one that looked like a MAGA hat. 

In response, someone punched him so hard it cut his face. 

Dunno about anyone else, but that much physical force against someone of that age should be considered attempted murder. 

Over a hat...

I believe there have been over fifty of these incidents nationwide.  People getting assaulted for wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat or other clothing that states the person supports Donald Trump.  But this man was not even wearing one of these hats.  It it just a hat.  If you do not like it then do not look at it.

So, our local newspaper has spent the last several months reporting on murders, crime and other violence. Now they publish a police report that crime is down about 11% in the city. Sadly, each story is true, but people have already made up their minds that ours is a crime infested cesspool and the police are lying. I suppose the above story is like that. It's true. We can't do anything about it. Trump supporters will feel some moral vindication. Opponents will consider it an aberration. We've heard this song before, but sure, let's have the next verse . . .

13 hours ago, Ironhold said:

https://www.wsmv.com/news/woman-punches-man-in-broadway-bar-over-maga-style-birthday/article_e2ac313a-4d53-11ea-84b4-0b82e9d6d71a.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

A woman got her husband a parody hat for his birthday, one that looked like a MAGA hat. 

In response, someone punched him so hard it cut his face. 

Dunno about anyone else, but that much physical force against someone of that age should be considered attempted murder. 

Over a hat...

If like me you can't access that page, the story is also here: https://toofab.com/2020/02/12/woman-punches-retired-cop-in-bar-over-make-fifty-great-again-hat/

15 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

So, our local newspaper has spent the last several months reporting on murders, crime and other violence. Now they publish a police report that crime is down about 11% in the city. Sadly, each story is true, but people have already made up their minds that ours is a crime infested cesspool and the police are lying. I suppose the above story is like that. It's true. We can't do anything about it. Trump supporters will feel some moral vindication. Opponents will consider it an aberration. We've heard this song before, but sure, let's have the next verse . . .

Here's the next verse...

Gregory Timm ran his truck through a tent of GOP boomers.  By stroke of luck - or miracle - none of the workers sitting inside the tent were ran over.

Guest LiterateParakeet

That is so sad.  

We live in a time when "the love of man is waxing cold".  These acts of violence are not only happening in the political relm (and both sides are guilty), but outside of politics as well.  For example, a couple months ago, I was driving into work and a car passed me in a double yellow, going over a hill, and clearly exceeding the speed limit.  I was annoyed because that is endangering others on the road.  So I honked at her.  

That started a full on road rage incident, she turned off a side street wo that she could then get back on the road behind me...and speed up so fast I thought her intention was to ram me from behind!  To keep her from rear ending meurned on the first driveway I came to.  Which unfortunately for me, was a one way exit from an apartment with a gate.  I was trapped.  She blocked my car in, and got out and started pounding on my window with both hands and yelling at me to get out of the car and fight her.  I ignored her and weighted for her to calm down.  

She wasn't done though.  Apparently frustrated that I wouldn't get out and fight her, she got back into her car and used her bumper to press on the side of my car.  I could hear the metal scrapping and creeking.  That's when I called 911.  

Some people had come down from the driveway, and we were blocking their exit, so she let me out....but followed me for a good while.  But as she let me pass, I reported her license plate to the 911 dispatcher.   

The police were able to find her and arrest her for hit and run, and drunk driving.  

All of this because I honked at her...a one second tap on the horn honk.   And this was actually my second road rage incident, the first guy was mad that because I was going to slowly....even though I was doing 5 miles over the speed limit.  This was a one lane road, double yellow line, and no shoulder for me to pull over and let him pass.   When we got to the freeway ramp he pulled around and stopped.  Full stop in the middle of the freeway on ramp!!!   

For a moment I froze in fear, and then I realized, I didn't have to sit there and wait to see what happened next, I put my foot to the pedal and passed him.  As I was passing, he rolled down his window and attempted to tell me to have a nice day...apparently, LOL.  I don't know because I speed up and got on the freeway, and h then simply passed and speed on down the road.  

It's crazy out there....and both of these happened in "nice" areas of Washington state.  It's not like I was in some gang infiltrated area... 

Be careful out there.

Guest MormonGator

I think one thing everyone will agree on is that violence against someone strictly because they differ from you politically (in modern day America. I'm not talking about Germany in the 1930's or Russia in 1918) is horrific. And if you can't agree on that, you are part of the problem. 

Guest MormonGator
18 minutes ago, Vort said:

Ever in our lifetimes, yes. It has been worse historically, but I imagine (or at least hope) that most don't want to go back to those bad old days.

It was much worse during the civil war than it is now, but I agree. It's the worse it's been in our lifetimes. 

@Just_A_Guy, you were a young man around the 1860's....what was it like? 

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

@Just_A_Guy, you were a young man around the 1860's....what was it like? 

Sort of like now—we had @MormonGator telling us what degenerates we all were, and reminiscing about the “Era of Good Feelings” he witnessed under Monroe. ;) 

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Sort of like now—we had @MormonGator telling us what degenerates we all were, and reminiscing about the “Era of Good Feelings” he witnessed under Monroe. ;) 

It was actually the Madison presidency, but anyway 

3 hours ago, mirkwood said:

There is more disrespect, lack of decorum and hostility then ever before.

Very true. 

To be fair, though, what did we all expect it to be like in the last days before Christ’s second coming? 

I believe it will get much worse. 

That being said, the restoration itself is getting more and more exciting, isn’t it?