Astounding message in the first ten names in Genesis

DennisTate

This is at the 11:33 minute mark in this video that I am listening to the first time today.

Adam ...... Seth ... .Enosh.... Kenan... Mahalalel....   Jared...  Enoch .... Methuselah ....  Lamech .... Noah.....

Adam = Man (is) .... Seth = Appointed...  Enosh = Mortal ... Kenan = Sorrow (but) ... Mahalalel = The Blessed God ... Jared = Shall come down ... Enoch = Teaching ... Methuselah = His death shall bring ... Lamech = The Despairing ... Noah = Comfort, rest.

"Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching His death shall bring the despairing comfort, rest."

Here is an idea that a high percentage of both Latter day Saints and non-LDS Christians can agree on!

2 hours ago, e v e said:

I think it’s simplistic and I don’t go for it. 

You could be onto something....... the idea of this being over simplified would probably be the primary argument against this message but it is interesting and at least somewhat encouraging and potentially useful to all Christians even in our efforts to reach out to Jewish scholars?

Edited by DennisTate
spelling and grammar