The COVID thread

Emmanuel Goldstein

1 hour ago, Scott said:

image.thumb.jpeg.241dceb0ca75db91dda491727df93af1.jpeg

Feelin' a bit better about this after a bit of research.

San Juan County is out in the middle of nowhere, Colorado.  It's sole purpose seems to be to be the filler between more interesting bits of Colorado.  Population of the entire county is around seven hundred, making it less populated than a single neighborhood in a city.

I have an image in my mind of the entire government going over to one guy's house to watch the news on his newfangled skinny tee-vee, and then coming up with this plan 3 beers into arguing about how to placate crazy old lady Willimena, who's been coming to town armed since covid hit the news.   That image replaced my anxiety-producing initial image of the beginning of the downfall of our civilization as we devolve into walled cities run by ruthless men who shoot strangers.

Edited by NeuroTypical

Guest Scott
58 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

San Juan County is out in the middle of nowhere, Colorado.  It's sole purpose seems to be to be the filler between more interesting bits of Colorado. 

I wouldn't say it isn't interesting.  Silverton and Ouray (the next town to the north) are probably the two most interesting (and beautiful) towns in Colorado.

Silverton is the redneck version of Aspen or Vail.  Instead filled with yuppies, it's filled with rednecks, but the town has its charm.

It has a harsh climate though.  It is one of the few towns in the lower 48 to be classified as having a sub-arctic climate.  

1 hour ago, NeedleinA said:

Has anyone ever seen this guy before?
or
Do you feel like you have seen this officer and his morning coffee about a 1,000 times now?

I feel we should know his name and a little background on guy by now.

fffffff.jpg.a284134059a58a231c572217a86f85f3.jpg

@Just_A_Guy Every time I click this thread, to see an unread new post, the above CNN image pops up as the OP on page 1. Perhaps it is just me, but I see this guy multiple times a day as this thread evolves.

Untitled-1.jpg.99320132ee006a64e0e951e041027f64.jpg

Edited by NeedleinA

Is that the vid where a bunch of people claimed there weren't any bats at the Wuhan wet market, but there were bats in the Wuhan infectious disease clinic right up the road?

My wife argued about that for a full 40 minutes before we decided we didn't really have much to argue about, other than how relevant various facts were.

Edited by NeuroTypical

Guest Godless
On 4/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Is that the vid where a bunch of people claimed there weren't any bats at the Wuhan wet market, but there were bats in the Wuhan infectious disease clinic right up the road?

My wife argued about that for a full 40 minutes before we decided we didn't really have much to argue about, other than how relevant various facts were.

I'm not sure who I distrust more, the Chinese government or Tucker Carlson.

6 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Fun story of Tesla engineers with nothing better to do,

On the contrary... this is exactly what Tesla engineers do... seemingly nothing.  Musk got tired of driving in rush hour traffic once so he said to his engineers, a tunnel superhighway would be nice... so the engineers started digging a hole.  When asked what they were doing, they said... well, if we want to see if a tunnel superhighway is feasible we first have to dig a hole.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:21 PM, NeuroTypical said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

Maybe I'm missing something, but why all the fuss?  

It's interesting to see the kinds of posts that were made back in January when we had 1 case in the U.S. compared to what the situation is like now.  :)  

• pam featured this topic
On 1/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Any preparation we do and include in our emergency storage cannot be a bad thing, but panicking is not something we should do. Wash our hands, avoid crowded places and eat healthy and we will be good.

Also I would highly recommend researching MSM.  I read a book about it back in 1999 and it seems to have greatly boosted my immune system.  It actually helps the body to get rid of toxins..... but a boosted immune system is one major positive side effect.

Hint... drink extra water when you begin to take it though because as toxins come out drinking water assists the body to get rid of them in the easiest way possible.... urination.  

Just google the title... "The Miracle of MSM" by Stanley Jacobs M. D. for more information on it.  It is technically a food supplement and it is plant based, (often from the bark of trees). 

http://www.msm-info.com/#Cell Membrane

Cell Membrane Permeability

All cells (and all organelles within cells) are surrounded by membranes. A membrane consists of two layers of molecules situated opposite of one another and consisting of an essential fatty acid on one end, and a sulfur containing amino acid on the other end. The amino acids are interconnected in such a manner that they form a surface into which the proteins and other membrane constituents are inserted and secured. These proteins are necessary for the transport through the cell membrane of many types of nutrients and waste materials.

Sulfur bridges form flexible connections between the cells and the surrounding connective tissues. This allows the cells to retain their elasticity. When sulfur is in short supply, the cell wall hardens, and the cells lose their elasticity. The transport proteins of the membrane become locked, and the membranes become less permeable. This results in a reduced transport of oxygen and nutrients into the cells as well as reduced excretion of waste products from within the cells. This causes a shortage of oxygen and nutrients, and an accumulation of toxic metabolic waste products inside the cells. Reduced vitality and eventually degenerative diseases are the result.

26 minutes ago, pam said:

It's interesting to see the kinds of posts that were made back in January when we had 1 case in the U.S. compared to what the situation is like now.  :)  

So I gritted my teeth and read through all of my responses to this thread, ready and even willing to own up to my own vast ignorance.

The result?

Nope. No apologies. I'll stand behind everything I've written here, except for the obviously wrong stuff that I already called out (and that didn't have anything to do with COVID-19, e.g. telling NT that his graph wasn't a log graph).

I continue to think our overall national reaction has been an overreaction, but like the Dreaded 1999 Y2K Bug That Will Destroy Civilization, perhaps overreaction and overpreparing will work in our favor in this case.

3 hours ago, pam said:
On 1/23/2020 at 1:21 PM, NeuroTypical said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

Maybe I'm missing something, but why all the fuss?  

Yeah, but I caught on pretty quick.  A mere 24 hours later: 

image.thumb.png.064eaac73bc71ce2244bc2de019d5c8b.png

• pam unfeatured and locked this topic